Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2021 7:39:29 PM EDT
Im sure you guys get this stuff often, but didnt see anything on the first 2 pages. I did try looking stuff up, but i think some sites are outdated, just not sure which are and arent.

I will be on the eastside of the state, coming from pendleton, OR going through kennewick and up through spokane on the way to cda, ID.

I keep taking for granted constitutional carry and still dont have my ccw. How am i able to carry in vehicle and on my person legally while there?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Open carry, and off body and unloaded in your car are the only options without a CPL.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
And Washington is debating making open carry a felony, but it will be a while before that happens I think
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Open carry, and off body and unloaded in your car are the only options without a CPL.
View Quote

Perfect, thanks. Does IWB with shirt behind it considered open carry? It is here, just dont want to assume.

For unloaded in car, are there any other stipulations? Mag not in the same place? Locked container? Anything like that? Im getting a rental, so unsure the vehicle layout, but was planning to keep it unloaded in a center console or glove box with loaded mags in the same place, is that kosher?

Fucking sucks all the hoops that have to be jumped through. I really need to stop taking our rights in az for granted so shit doesnt start slipping for us.

Quoted:
And Washington is debating making open carry a felony, but it will be a while before that happens I think
View Quote

A FELONY to open carry?! I dont understand how the world has changed so much in the last year that its almost like living on another planet.

We are fighting stuff down here daily as well, but not anything that crazy. I hope you guys can fend off this wave of lunacy and we as a nation get through these insane times.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe that (pending) bill makes OC illegal at the capitol or at political protests.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Perfect, thanks. Does IWB with shirt behind it considered open carry? It is here, just dont want to assume.

For unloaded in car, are there any other stipulations? Mag not in the same place? Locked container? Anything like that? Im getting a rental, so unsure the vehicle layout, but was planning to keep it unloaded in a center console or glove box with loaded mags in the same place, is that kosher?

Fucking sucks all the hoops that have to be jumped through. I really need to stop taking our rights in az for granted so shit doesnt start slipping for us.

A FELONY to open carry?! I dont understand how the world has changed so much in the last year that its almost like living on another planet.

We are fighting stuff down here daily as well, but not anything that crazy. I hope you guys can fend off this wave of lunacy and we as a nation get through these insane times.
View Quote

First let me clearly state that I am not a lawyer or providing anything that should be considered qualified legal advice.  For your own review and interpretation, with no further guidance, this is the current RCW (Revised Code of Washington) regarding firearms in vehicles:

Text of Current RCW 9.41.050

Again: without providing legal advice, Section 2 appears to address your concern (make your own determination or seek your own qualified legal council):  "(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle."
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

First let me clearly state that I am not a lawyer or providing anything that should be considered qualified legal advice.  For your own review and interpretation, with no further guidance, this is the current RCW (Revised Code of Washington) regarding firearms in vehicles:

Again: without providing legal advice, Section 2 appears to address your concern (make your own determination or seek your own qualified legal council):  "(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle."
View Quote

From your link as well:

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

Thanks for the link. Im packing and getting ready to leave for the trip and hitting 4 states, so trying to look up the info for 4 states, work, pack, etc is a pain. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

From your link as well:

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

Thanks for the link. Im packing and getting ready to leave for the trip and hitting 4 states, so trying to look up the info for 4 states, work, pack, etc is a pain. Thanks again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your link as well:

Meaning you can't leave your doors unlocked and you can't leave it sitting on the seat.

A valid CPL by reciprocity is even better, Utah is common. https://www.atg.wa.gov/concealed-pistol-license-reciprocity
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

One other:

Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]
as Mainsail has posted, this is an exception to the cpl law, it allows a loaded handgun in your vehicle without a cpl if you are engaged in lawful outdoor activities. the listed examples are just that examples, those activities could be bird watching, hiking, cycling, or any lawful outdoor activity. a neat little detail most don't know about.

read RCW 9.41.050
      RCW 9.41.060
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top