Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 2:02:05 PM EDT
I live in the Charleston area. Looking for recommendations for a dependable gun smith. I have sourced some good parts to have a complete upper assembled. I have contacted several one guy bailed and I haven't heard back from the others.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you weren't closer I'd help you out.  I'm up in Rock Hill
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably because assembling an ar really isnt gun smithing. Its adult legos. They Probably passed to do real gun smithing or coating. Its an ar just put it together yourself.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Buisness is buisness I dont have the tools or the time. Why turn down easy work?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By makaveli:
Buisness is buisness I dont have the tools or the time. Why turn down easy work?
View Quote

Well, because the folks I know are already full with real smithing work. Assembling an AR is likely lower-margin service, yet takes up bench time.  If they are keeping full with higher-margin service, they are going to do that first.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CatSnipah:

Well, because the folks I know are already full with real smithing work. Assembling an AR is likely lower-margin service, yet takes up bench time.  If they are keeping full with higher-margin service, they are going to do that first.
View Quote

That makes sense
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By biznasty44:
Too bad you weren't closer I'd help you out.  I'm up in Rock Hill
View Quote

Biz  what's the details in Rock Hill? I also live in Rock Hill and was thinking about having some threading work done for when my suppressor finally gets approved.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bad-Karma:

Biz  what's the details in Rock Hill? I also live in Rock Hill and was thinking about having some threading work done for when my suppressor finally gets approved.
View Quote

PM Sent
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to drive to the Florence area, I can help you out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you want to drive to the Florence area, I can help you out.
View Quote

Red is great help and has the tools.

He helped me debarred a rifle once. Well, helped isn’t really the word. I watched him work his magic.

Thanks again RedSC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top