Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 11:12:53 PM EDT
Hey, what’s our state level gun rights organization? With the new session coming up, I would like to see a renewed push to get rid of the open carry prohibition.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep! Join the "Shoot me first" or "Sucker punch me" team! I'm sure no more stores would put up "Guns Prohibited" signs!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey, what’s our state level gun rights organization? With the new session coming up, I would like to see a renewed push to get rid of the open carry prohibition.
View Quote
I don't think there is an official organization. Palmetto Gun Rights is probably to closest you will find to an official org, but don't jump in head-first.  I've been a member and I haven't heard anything from them since Sandy Hook. At least it looks like the webpage stays current.

The problem I now recognize regarding gun rights organizations is that they are only that - organizations.
The problem I have with them is this; as long as there is a battle for our rights to be fought, there will be a need for more funds. Even as non-profits, they take in your donations which go where? The gravy train isn't in the restoration of our rights; it's in the fight itself.  I simply don't believe in people enough to believe that anyone running an organization would prefer to see the donations stop coming in due to no longer having a battle to fight.

The fallacy in that last point (which i recognize) is that even if our rights were restored 100%, there would still be a perpetual battle to hold the line. So even if the battle is won, any org still in existence would still rake in money for that perpetual fight too.

So join any org you can find; in the end they are all ultimately equally ineffective at much other than turning your money into theirs.

This is all coming from an NRA Lifer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
What saturn said.

Palmetto Gun Rights is all-talk. Palmetto Carry is even worse. Gun Owners of SC is for FUDDS.

You'll do fine contacting your state reps on your own.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep! Join the "Shoot me first" or "Sucker punch me" team! I'm sure no more stores would put up "Guns Prohibited" signs!
View Quote
Like the many other states that have open carry and the bullshit doesnt happen. Shoot me first, sucker punch me what a load of bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top