Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2024 7:14:45 PM EDT
Last week, a janitor in the Colorado State Capitol building discovered a loaded 9mm Glock handgun in a bathroom.

The gun was abandoned for around 23 minutes before the janitor found it, at a time when the Capitol entrances were closed but members of the public attending committee hearings were still allowed inside the building, according to law enforcement. Nearly an hour after the Colorado State Patrol retrieved the weapon, Republican Representative Don Wilson called to inform them that he had misplaced his firearm.

"I made a mistake and am very sorry," Wilson said in a statement on April 11. "I take firearm safety very seriously. This is a humbling experience and I will reaffirm my commitment to responsible handling procedures."

Wilson has agreed to no longer carry guns in the Capitol, according to House Majority Leader Monica Duran   and the rest of his colleagues may soon have to follow suit. Wilson's mishap is the latest in a series of incidents involving legislators mishandling firearms, and now, Democrats are pushing to get guns out of the building.

moar
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So.  Was this the one "gun mishap" that stacked up?   A stack of one.  Or were there others.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Stack up, motherfuckers!

Or don’t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top