Posted: 2/10/2020 12:01:29 AM EDT
Gun Mag Warehouse moving to Coppell,  TX

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/gunmag-warehouse-hq/
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
near GrabAGun?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Screw those guys. I did an order with them once and they jerked me around. Didn't ship the order and kept pushing the timeline out. I asked them to cancel and refund. They ignored me and then sent it out later. Emailed me after saying that couldn't refund because it had already shipped.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Y’all should check out their BBB rating as well as Yelp and other online reviews.

I want to say yelp was either 5 stars or 1 star. Almost all of the one star reviews have a common theme.

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
+ 1 on the buyer beware.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe with new employees, they will be better?  Guess we shall see...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
will they have an actual storefront?
in which case, maybe all those issues re: orders and shipping may be moot...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I've bought from them many times, never had an issue myself.  Earl
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a +1 experience there as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I buy all my mags from them unless primary arms is having a sale, never had any issues.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
They have a customer service job posting on Indeed.

Gunmag Warehouse, a leading supplier of online gun accessories is seeking qualified individuals to join our expanding Customer Service team. We are growing fast and we are looking for the right candidate that will bring value, and attention to detail to a team that is building a great company.

Customer Service Team Member:
Members of our Customer Service Team interact directly with our loyal customers to ensure the best possible shopping experience. Team Members will spend their day in an office environment communicating and problem solving via phone, email, and chat.

Responsibilities:
? Assist customers with basic questions (order status, shipping information, billing issues, etc.)
? Help customers place orders both online and over the phone
? Setup and process returns
? Answering or otherwise assisting customers with technical questions
? Dealing with claims for packages lost in shipping
? Identify problems and aid in solving to ensure best possible customer experience
? Any other activity required to meet the goals of GunMag Warehouse

Requirements:
? Availability around all major holidays mandatory
? Reliable transportation
? Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
? Good multitasking and critical thinking skills
? Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office
? Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
? High School Diploma or GED
? Be coachable, punctual, positive, efficient, and goal-oriented

Preferred:
? 1+ year of call center experience
? Previous retail firearms experience
? Familiar with ZenDesk, ShipStation and Magento platforms

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time

Salary: $15.00 /hour

Benefits:
•Health insurance
•Dental insurance
•Vision insurance
•Paid time off

1 day ago

If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I've only placed 1 (maybe 2, can't remember) order with them. I had no problems. Would order from again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeesh, crap money.  No wonder they are inconsistent on customer service.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is not bad money for the type of job.

I'd do it part time on the weekends for the insurance and benefits alone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wouldn't make enough money to pay your portion of the insurance premium.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Have they where exactly they are moving to? Will they a retail store front?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on the type of plan. The plan at my previous employer was 100% for myself. $98 for the whole family.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
This +1
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Depends on the type of plan. The plan at my previous employer was 100% for myself. $98 for the whole family.
View Quote
That kind of deal almost never applies to low paying unskilled jobs like we are talking about.  And even less often for part time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
near GrabAGun?
View Quote
I'm guessing so, as the industrial space pictured is identical to grabagun's
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I have employees that make under $15 an hour and they do just fine.

It's called managing your money and don't buy stupid shit. $15/hr is not shit pay unless you're in a management roll. Skilled labor and equipment operators make that or a few buck more per hour.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#23]
That sucks, this means sales tax.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Y’all should check out their BBB rating as well as Yelp and other online reviews.

I want to say yelp was either 5 stars or 1 star. Almost all of the one star reviews have a common theme.

Buyer beware.
View Quote
Holy shit, I did just that and it explains my last 2 CC breaches I bet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's called managing your money and don't buy stupid shit. $15/hr is not shit pay unless you're in a management roll. Skilled labor and equipment operators make that or a few buck more per hour.
View Quote
Dude...$15/Hour is shit, garbage pay!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
This +1.  In areas where undocumented labor hasn't ruined skilled trades like plumbing, electrical or carpentry, those jobs used to pay more than that 20 years ago, back when that actually was good money.  But $30k a year before taxes does not go very far in a place like Austin these days.  You certainly are never going to be able to save enough to buy a house and move into a middle class kind of lifestyle on that.  It's pretty much going to be living paycheck to paycheck in crowded conditions in a bad part of town and driving a clunker.  That's OK starting out, but it shows a lack of motivation if there isn't a desire to move up out of that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
What in the world are you smoking?

I don't mean to belittle people, but honestly, those wages are for the jobs that can be filled with people that are dumber than a box of rocks and much, much less reliable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve had good experience with them, but have only ordered twice. Hoping they at least have a pick up window for orders.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’ve had good experience with them, but have only ordered twice. Hoping they at least have a pick up window for orders.
View Quote
Drive thru
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't mean to belittle people, but honestly, those wages are for the jobs that can be filled with people that are dumber than a box of rocks and much, much less reliable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This +1.  In areas where undocumented labor hasn't ruined skilled trades like plumbing, electrical or carpentry, those jobs used to pay more than that 20 years ago, back when that actually was good money.  But $30k a year before taxes does not go very far in a place like Austin these days.  You certainly are never going to be able to save enough to buy a house and move into a middle class kind of lifestyle on that.  It's pretty much going to be living paycheck to paycheck in crowded conditions in a bad part of town and driving a clunker.  That's OK starting out, but it shows a lack of motivation if there isn't a desire to move up out of that.
I guess I should take yalls advice on how and pay how much do yall suggest an hour? $20? $25? $30?

The market can only take what it can take. I can pay these guys what yall consider "not shit pay" which results in increasing my bid price which results to me loosing jobs. Me loosing jobs then results in me just shutting the doors down thus resulting in firing or letting my entire workforce go.

All this because some guys told me I pay shit pay. On the contrary, I pay above the average because because of what we do. I went years making it just fine on $15/hr back when gas was $4/gallon and shit was just as expensive as it is now.

I don't live in a major metroarea. Yea $15/hr in Austin doesn't go far but where I am a nice 3/2 house costs under $100k.

I'm sorry yall feel like I pay shit pay but I employ a workforce and provide jobs. I honestly don't care...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is fine for these skills:

Requirements:

It is not for these:

Requirements:
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I guess I should take yalls advice on how and pay how much do yall suggest an hour? $20? $25? $30?
View Quote
Your $15/hr employees are being asked to have a year's experience in one or more customer service tech platforms?

Somebody already pointed out the unreasonable requirements for such crappy pay.  I don't think any of us was commenting on your pay, because we have no idea what your employees do.  I think we were all commenting on the same thing you were commenting on:  the customer service job at Gun Mag Warehouse.

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Your $15/hr employees are being asked to have a year's experience in one or more customer service tech platforms?

Somebody already pointed out the unreasonable requirements for such crappy pay.  I don't think any of us was commenting on your pay, because we have no idea what your employees do.  I think we were all commenting on the same thing you were commenting on:  the customer service job at Gun Mag Warehouse.

Lighten up, Francis.
View Quote
We are in the construction industry.

And some of my guys have to have a mixture of the two categories listed above with the office experience not required.

Some of my guys make well over $15/hr because they are more skilled.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nobody was talking about you, we were talking about this job at Gun Mag Warehouse.  You get what you pay for.  Pay crap, get crap.

The market can only take what it can take. I can pay these guys what yall consider "not shit pay" which results in increasing my bid price which results to me loosing jobs. Me loosing jobs then results in me just shutting the doors down thus resulting in firing or letting my entire workforce go.
Or maybe you get more qualified and incentified workers who do a better job so you can get jobs done quicker?

All this because some guys told me I pay shit pay. On the contrary, I pay above the average because because of what we do. I went years making it just fine on $15/hr back when gas was $4/gallon and shit was just as expensive as it is now.
Things on average were not as expensive as they were back when gas was $4 a gallon.  We've seen some pretty major increases in prices of anything related to housing, food, medical care, etc.  Despite the government's numbers, we've seen some significant inflation over the past 10 years.  Sure, a 55" TV costs a lot less than it did back then, but that's something you only buy every few years anyway, not something you are shelling out for every month.  And other things like the price of a decent pickup have about doubled in that time.

I don't live in a major metroarea. Yea $15/hr in Austin doesn't go far but where I am a nice 3/2 house costs under $100k.
Yeah, but the job we were talking about is in the DFW area, and the costs there aren't going to be much cheaper than Austin.  And people are not going to be buying a $90k house if they only make $30k before taxes.  They won't qualify for the loan and they probably wouldn't be able to save up enough to make a down payment anyway.

I'm sorry yall feel like I pay shit pay but I employ a workforce and provide jobs. I honestly don't care...
Again, we weren't talking about you.  You're taking things awfully personal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is fine for these skills:

Requirements:

It is not for these:

Requirements:
View Quote
These days the "punctual, positive, efficient, and goal-oriented" is going to be a stretch to find for $15/hr.  And maintaining reliable transportation isn't going to be easy on that kind of $$$ either.  Most people who make that kind of money are driving some clapped out beater unless they are living with mommy and daddy is making the car payment for them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nobody was talking about you, we were talking about this job at Gun Mag Warehouse.  You get what you pay for.  Pay crap, get crap.

Or maybe you get more qualified and incentified workers who do a better job so you can get jobs done quicker?

Things on average were not as expensive as they were back when gas was $4 a gallon.  We've seen some pretty major increases in prices of anything related to housing, food, medical care, etc.  Despite the government's numbers, we've seen some significant inflation over the past 10 years.  Sure, a 55" TV costs a lot less than it did back then, but that's something you only buy every few years anyway, not something you are shelling out for every month.  And other things like the price of a decent pickup have about doubled in that time.

Yeah, but the job we were talking about is in the DFW area, and the costs there aren't going to be much cheaper than Austin.  And people are not going to be buying a $90k house if they only make $30k before taxes.  They won't qualify for the loan and they probably wouldn't be able to save up enough to make a down payment anyway.

Again, we weren't talking about you.  You're taking things awfully personal.
View Quote
I did because in my mind I was getting accused of paying shit pay. I took it wrong and didn't mean to come across as a fuckhead.

Its no excuse but it has been a very long two weeks for me. Not much sleep and I am a little strung out right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top