Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2018 11:50:55 AM EDT
Anyone know of any gun friendly eye doctors around Stratford?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ridgefield Eye Physicians are good people but I don't know their 2A stance. They left Kosovo
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Need to find someone who I can talk to about sights and optics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
In for info in the central CT area as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Iv talked about shooting with my eye dr.  He said good luck this deer season.  He is in southbury.

And if anyone needs a good chiropractor let me know mine shoots more then anyone I know
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Need to find someone who I can talk to about sights and optics.  
View Quote
Same lol. I'll ask them next time I see them, hopefully in a week or so. I know my glasses prescription is out of date. While minor (around 1), when I switched back to my contacts I started shooting like I used to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#6]
My dot sights look like a star burst and I need to use reading glasses to see iron sights on pistols.  I can't do irons on rifles at all.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Park Lane Eye Care in downtown Milford. I CANNOT vouch for them being 2A friendly as i have no idea about anyones stance there.

But i HAVE brought up my issues with astigmatism and red dot sights and have explained to the doctor that i am a competitive shooter and my sighting issues. He has always taken the time to explain how the eye works and why i see what i see and how best he can correct it.

Further, IME a lot of doctors are used to getting the patient to 20/20 and then stopping. If you want to see sharper or better, explain that to the doctor and explain why. Im sure i was told there are negatives.

There is only one optometrist there, he is a veteran and very easy to talk to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My dot sights look like a star burst and I need to use reading glasses to see iron sights on pistols.  I can't do irons on rifles at all.  
View Quote
They can probably help you with the irons but if the starburst on the dots is due to an astigmatism...I got bad news for you.

That said there are some great red dot size 1x prism sights out now. Like the new Cyclops by Primary Arms..check it out
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The Vortex Spitfire is an etched reticle and supposed to be good for people with an astigmatism. Ill be there someday, for now I just deal with it. If anyone has a good reccomedation around Burlington throw it out, my eye doc out of Farmington is too lefty for me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Vortex Spitfire is an etched reticle and supposed to be good for people with an astigmatism. Ill be there someday, for now I just deal with it. If anyone has a good reccomedation around Burlington throw it out, my eye doc out of Farmington is too lefty for me.
View Quote
Dr. Salzberg, West Hartford.  I needed cataract surgery and during the consultation as to what type of lenses I mentioned missing a clear sight picture for pistol shooting since my 40's.  Amazingly he offered a solution called a 1 and 1, left eye distance, right for close up.  Said the brain would adapt, despite sounding really weird it turned out great.  Can shoot both eyes open with clear front sight, read, see phone/computer/watch, drive and function normally for all daily activities without glasses.  Downside is always a long wait when you're there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top