Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
What do you guys think about starting a gravel pit thread to note the locations of gravel pits where a person can do some shooting?  I have one in the thumb, one in Merritt and another in Houghton Lake, but I'm always looking for more while I'm in other various parts of the state.  Would it be useful, or would out-of-the-way spots get ruined by too many more people going there?  I used to know of a lot more gravel pits to shoot in but over time they've been getting closed to public access...
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
 I used to know of a lot more gravel pits to shoot in but over time they've been getting closed to public access...
View Quote
Cause the public are #$%^& and leave their trash.

I wouldn't post a location on the internet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cause the public are #$%^& and leave their trash.

I wouldn't post a location on the internet.
View Quote

This is why we can't have nice things....

Because nobody "owns" the property people won't even pack out the things they packed in, let alone clean up after other slobs. Virtually every one of the public shooting ranges has become eyesores with undesirables showing up hip shooting magazine dumps and leaving their trash behind. Who ever thought shooting glass bottles was a good idea?

I have a lifetime membership at my local club and with the Michigan Rifle & Pistol Association. I usually shoot at a friends property who allowed me to build benches at 100 yards and 300 yards. Supporting any club that is close to your home is the single best way to secure a shooting venue. I have to drive 22 miles one way for my closest range time. Other clubs are closer, but none of them are as nice.

Developing and protecting shooting ranges is the future of our sport.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top