Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 7:12:36 PM EDT
https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/new-mexico-official-mass-gatherings-may-be-out-for-a-year/5740261/?cat=500

There's no way.

there's simply no way I can do this.

I'm gonna be out of business in 6 months at this rate never mind 18.

its simply not possible.

16 years of hard work, I can't see how I survive this, I'll have to sell my house and live in the shop, I literally cannot do this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Don’t worry. It’ll all be over November 4th (unless of course Trump wins re-election, in which case they’ll drag this out another 4 years)

Seriously though, I feel your pain. I’m fortunate that the company I work for has managed to get through this relatively ok so far. I don’t know how small businesses in this state are going to survive. Michelle Wuhan Grisham seems hell bent on running this whole state right into the ground in one giant power grab. My wife is going to grad school so I’m stuck here for at least the next few years. After that we’ll see. I really love New Mexico but I just don’t know if we’re going to be able to stay here long term.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya bro.

I'm lucky in that the company I work for has some big government projects & programs that we oversee, so no big deal there yet, that government cheese has to be shredded by someone.

But our small businesses that we work for, guide, & plan for, are holding on by a frogs hair. If this goes on to much longer, small business is gone. I'm starting to think that's been the plan all along.

At this point, it really is just political.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.

Sorry to read that.

Where's the organized political resistance?

Family in NM is distressed & unhappy, ready for change.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch her.

Its totally monkey see monkey do. Whatever some dumb lib does in another state she'll do. She has no concept of what to actually do, and has been so successful in scaring people to death that going back will make her look wrong. So they keep doing this two week game, and they also can't make firm decisions... The wishy washy nature of her leadership does not inspired confidence and worse sends mixed signals to businesses which need time to spool up and get ready to open where timing is critical they apply none. Look at the random "restaurant can open 50% patio" change suddenly handed out.

Where my business is, in sf, the sheep yp there are so scared, one lady yesterday, who did actually show had goggles, a mask and rubber gloves up to her elbows...

The really big underlying problem with these wishy washy statement... The organizers of the festival which are.so crucial to our economy won't wait forever, they will simply move next years event somwhere else. People who invest in businesses around that will also take that as a sign and invest elsewhere. I didn't blame them.

One customer said yesterday, the movie industry may not film again for 2 years, since it requires gathering over 100.

We have no ability to remove her...her weak, illogical decision making is far worse then the shut down itself.

I don't know wtf im gonna do. I guess i see how it plays out in the short term...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top