User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2021 8:24:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
A rock sounds nice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
*sigh* Nothing like having the choice of a geriatric ex-Democrat or, guessing here on the opposition, some batshit crazy leftist from Birmingham/Tuscaloosa/etc.

What I’d give for a candidate with some Desantis or Noem vibes . . .
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish that there was someone else to vote for.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish Ainsworth would challenge her.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He may get to replace her this term.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#6]
At least a rock won't secretly pass a 30 cent gas tax saying it knows what the people of Alabama really want and need  :(
I'll vote for anybody that opposes her

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Vote for Pedro

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A rock sounds nice.
View Quote

Voting for a rock sounds really good right now.

I won't vote for a democrat, but I won't vote for her.  I guess I'll write in "None of the Above" during the general election.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd vote for a rock over her. I'm pretty sick of Kay. I won't vote for a dim, but surely there has to be someone better than her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Then NOT ensure the money actually goes to what it was passed/approved for.

How surprising.

View Quote

Where is the gas tax money going?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How surprising.

The pockets of Big Wigs in Montgomery.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How surprising.

Sure as hell not going to a bunch of the roads I’m driving.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking for the article but I swear I read somewhere that a sizable chunk was given to ALEA.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm looking for the article but I swear I read somewhere that a sizable chunk was given to ALEA.
View Quote

And they needed it.

I retired as a Trooper a little over two years ago. Just prior to that, there were instances that I had to pay out of pocket for tires and brake pads just to keep my vehicle on the road because the State was so broke. The main garage in Montgomery would buy six sets of Tahoe brake pads per month...problem is there were @ 250 Tahoes across the state. If you wound up being Trooper #7 that needed brakes that month, you were SOL. I stopped by the garage at the B'ham Post one day and talked to the mechanic...he pointed to a large stack of boxes and said, "I put in a request for brakes for our Tahoes and Crown Vics, and they sent me eight complete sets of pads and rotors for a Charger...and we don't have any Chargers assigned to this Post!".

Same thing with tires...when you hit the wear bars, you'd put in a request and find that they might not have the funds for tires for 4 - 6 weeks. The alternative in either situation was to drive the spare Post car (if someone else wasn't already driving it because they're vehicle was down) that didn't have a computer/printer mount or working blue lights or a/c. Or you paid for the maintenance items yourself in order to drive a vehicle that you could actually work out of.

Some of the guys were giddy as a school girl when they were assigned a "new" car and gave up their 300k mile Crown Vic, "This one only has 186k miles!".

Going from a municipal agency to the State was an eye opening experience in bureaucratic chaos and inefficiency.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I doubt it went to anything like that --  I've seen a few "high profile" roads being worked on --
but every time I fill up at a gas station, I think except for Ivey, it would be 30 cents cheaper per gallon.
How much money is that y'all? 30 cents a gallon on EVERY gallon sold in the state?

And where is the accounting?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Looked up one of the original articles about the "Rebuild Alabama Act" -
30 cent tax per gallon increase on Gas and diesel over 3 years -- to raise approximately $323 million per year
and then that's where the math kicks in ----
2/3's of the tax goes to the State DOT
25% goes to counties
8% goes to cities

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol... Careful what ya wish for

Fuck Ainsworth!

I'm not saying Ivey is better, preferred, etc. I don't think there's anyone out there I want to vote FOR
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I would have preferred Mo Brooks ran for Governor than Senator.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#21]
What are y’all’s thoughts on Dean Odle? I see he is running for Governor and the little I have seen on him, seems to be someone I’d be interested in but I know nothing of the man personally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top