Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 12:16:01 PM EDT
He went to meet Jesus rather suddenly....

ESCAPED INMATE SHOT AND KILLED

At 2:59 a.m. a homeowner who lives on Meece Mill Rd. called 911 and said an unknown man kicked in her front door and she shot him, according to the sheriff.

The report said the escapee kicked in the backdoor and was near the homeowner's bedroom door.

The woman was home alone at the time.

The prisoner was still dressed in an orange jumpsuit and was armed with a knife sharpening tool that belonged to the homeowner.

The prisoner was shot once in the head and taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital via helicopter where he was pronounced dead.

The inmate has been identified as 30-year-old Bruce Webb McLaughlin Jr.

The sheriff said the woman was a trained CWP holder and she used lethal force to protect herself against the escapee.
View Quote
Homeowners Shoots and Kills Escaped Prisoner in Her Own Home

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The prisoner was shot once in the head and taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital via helicopter where he was pronounced dead.

Waste of Life Flight resources. Excellent marksmanship skills.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Ponti.

Gunman53
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
He picked the wrong house to mess with.

Good thing she was able to defend herself.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes the best justice is surprise justice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Waste of Life Flight resources. Excellent marksmanship skills.
View Quote
Got that right
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The news report says that once the perp broke into the house he grabbed a "knife sharpening tool" and headed toward the bedroom.

I suspect the "tool" in question was a sharpening steel.

I'd shoot your ass too if you broke into my residence and confronted me with such an object.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top