Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2023 8:39:36 PM EDT
Relocated from TX to NH and I'd like to find a nice outdoor range where I can rent a bay and do some moving drills, from holster, etc. I'm working on getting property to build my own, but in the mean time are there any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Pelham has bays.

https://www.pelhamfishandgame.org/

Londonderry is the better club imho, but long wait list.

https://www.londonderryfishandgameclub.com/

-P
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Pelham has several pistol bays, steel target bay and 4 rifle (or anything) bays and has open membership.

Londonderry open the wait list for a short time frame each year and it’s a very long list. We’re talking years before you would actually get in.

Chester rod and gun is open and has pits.

What kind of shooting interests you? Certain activities are better and worse as different places.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Pelham has several pistol bays, steel target bay and 4 rifle (or anything) bays and has open membership.

Londonderry open the wait list for a short time frame each year and it’s a very long list. We’re talking years before you would actually get in.

Chester rod and gun is open and has pits.

What kind of shooting interests you? Certain activities are better and worse as different places.
View Quote

Tactical style I guess you could call it. Moving, shooting, multiple targets, the cool stuff like a wanna be cool guy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#4]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:

Tactical style I guess you could call it. Moving, shooting, multiple targets, the cool stuff like a wanna be cool guy.
View Quote

Pelham is a good place. Every time I go there are several people shooting with anything from concealment, belts and plate carriers.

Downside is there are four bays that allow any type of shooting for the most part and they fill up quick most weekends. It’s a first come first serve basis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thank you both for the recs. Now to get a weekend without rain...
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, thank you both for the recs. Now to get a weekend without rain...
View Quote
Please realize that you must join the clubs to use their ranges, unless someone takes you there as a guest. They are not public ranges and you can't "rent a lane" there.

I am unaware of any public outdoor ranges in NH.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
OP, if you do buy land or seek to shoot on public land, these are the applicable RSAs.  RSAs 207:3A, 207:3c, and 644:13.  They can be found on the General Court site.

Loosely distilled down to.
300' away from an occupied building without permission of the owner. IANAL, but why am I seeing a loophole here-207:3A specifically prohibits discharging a firearm, etc within 300' for hunting purposes--644:13 only has the 300' reference during the "Compact Part" definition.
Not within 15' of a Class I-V road.  I wasn't aware it was permissible within 15' of a Class VI-interesting.
Not across some specific roads.  is it just me or is that a gap in the law, because I'd bet I'd get a ticket if I put a target 100' across the street and shot it from 100' into my property.  I should get a ticket because it is dumb and unsafe
Not within the somewhat poorly described in 644:13 "Compact Part" of a town.
*Note, shooting in the WMNF has it's own set of rules and distances on their website.

I've always interpreted it as strictly 300' away, never across or within 15' of a road, and whatever the compact part is.  Anyone else seeing gaps in the laws or have I been misinterpreting it the whole time?

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LenS:
Please realize that you must join the clubs to use their ranges, unless someone takes you there as a guest. They are not public ranges and you can't "rent a lane" there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LenS:

Yeah mainly a joke due to the wet summer

Originally Posted By FDC:
OP, if you do buy land or seek to shoot on public land, these are the applicable RSAs.  RSAs 207:3A, 207:3c, and 644:13.  They can be found on the General Court site.

Loosely distilled down to.
300' away from an occupied building without permission of the owner. IANAL, but why am I seeing a loophole here-207:3A specifically prohibits discharging a firearm, etc within 300' for hunting purposes--644:13 only has the 300' reference during the "Compact Part" definition.
Not within 15' of a Class I-V road.  I wasn't aware it was permissible within 15' of a Class VI-interesting.
Not across some specific roads.  is it just me or is that a gap in the law, because I'd bet I'd get a ticket if I put a target 100' across the street and shot it from 100' into my property.  I should get a ticket because it is dumb and unsafe
Not within the somewhat poorly described in 644:13 "Compact Part" of a town.
*Note, shooting in the WMNF has it's own set of rules and distances on their website.

I've always interpreted it as strictly 300' away, never across or within 15' of a road, and whatever the compact part is.  Anyone else seeing gaps in the laws or have I been misinterpreting it the whole time?

Yup this has been something I've been using to help with potential purchases. Finding a lot of current use or wooded areas with 'no cut' covenants.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Relocated from TX to NH and I'd like to find a nice outdoor range where I can rent a bay and do some moving drills, from holster, etc. I'm working on getting property to build my own, but in the mean time are there any suggestions?
View Quote

I'm a member at Pelham. If your serious about joining a club i'd be happy to give you a full tour.  Our action bays have very few rule restrictions. Hell, bring your full auto and have fun. Your also allowed to bring your own steel gong as long as it's inspected and approved by our BOD.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Nashua Fish & Game used to be a great range to go to. Haven't been a member in well over 10 years, but it has/had everything. To include 600yd KD style range. They list action shooting on the website.

https://nfga.org/
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Just to be clear, the clubs mentioned require membership and orientation. I know of no outdoor ranges that rent space, only indoor ranges. Welcome.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top