Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2024 7:09:48 PM EDT
I've been looking for a condo/house lately. Everything in Lake Country or reasonably north of it has gone up too much in price. I notice Waukesha still has some relatively cheap places. I know parts of it are white trashy/Mexican. (Mostly south and some central parts?)

I know the northwest quadrant is OK, especially the closer to Pewaukee and Delafield you get. How is the northeast quadrant? I see a lot of reasonably priced places there, so I figure there has to be something wrong with it.

Any tips much appreciated. (Should you know of a place under $300K within 40 minutes or so of Brookfield to the west or north, feel free to share.) Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By KingRat:
I've been looking for a condo/house lately. Everything in Lake Country or reasonably north of it has gone up too much in price. I notice Waukesha still has some relatively cheap places. I know parts of it are white trashy/Mexican. (Mostly south and some central parts?)

I know the northwest quadrant is OK, especially the closer to Pewaukee and Delafield you get. How is the northeast quadrant? I see a lot of reasonably priced places there, so I figure there has to be something wrong with it.

Any tips much appreciated. (Should you know of a place under $300K within 40 minutes or so of Brookfield to the west or north, feel free to share.) Thanks.
View Quote

I just moved out of New Berlin.  I'd look in Muskego if I was you but prices are probably up there.  Maybe Wind Lake or Big Bend?  Sussex might not be a bad place either, pretty easy commute to Brookfield and no ghetto.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:

I just moved out of New Berlin.  I'd look in Muskego if I was you but prices are probably up there.  Maybe Wind Lake or Big Bend?  Sussex might not be a bad place either, pretty easy commute to Brookfield and no ghetto.
View Quote
High prices or no inventory even farther out than Big Bend. I almost settled for an overpriced condo in Hartland, but it was already gone when I called. A coworker ended up buying a place in Fond du Lac to find something affordable.

I'm half tempted to get a place in Vilas County or the UP and just have a crazy commute a couple days a week.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
High prices or no inventory even farther out than Big Bend. I almost settled for an overpriced condo in Hartland, but it was already gone when I called. A coworker ended up buying a place in Fond du Lac to find something affordable.

I'm half tempted to get a place in Vilas County or the UP and just have a crazy commute a couple days a week.
View Quote

If you're okay with a commute a few times/week Juneau CO is less than 2 hours to Brookfield on 90/94.  Low taxes, no real ghetto, cheap houses and plenty of land.  Climate is about the same as Waukesha CO too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooterer] [#4]
Deleted. Context of original post was understood.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shooterer:

As a hispanic loving white trasher from Brookfield, I hope you extend your search to 100 miles because we don't want your kind and your sheep loving friends in our hood.
View Quote
Noted.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Watertown, Ixonia, Dousman, Sullivan?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hardcase:
Watertown, Ixonia, Dousman, Sullivan?
View Quote
There's a few in Watertown. I've heard it's kind of rough these days. (No first hand knowledge.) I'd love Dousman! I don't 800K to hand unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
How about Eagle, Palmyra or East Troy? Johnson Creek (right on 94)
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a few in Watertown. I've heard it's kind of rough these days. (No first hand knowledge.) I'd love Dousman! I don't 800K to hand unfortunately.
View Quote
Yeah Watertown is getting a little rougher by the year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
"Go West young man, haven't you been told.."
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
How about Eagle, Palmyra or East Troy? Johnson Creek (right on 94)
View Quote
Eagle is out for me unless they have fired the predatory MKE law firm that handles their fines. After seeing that truck driver lose him home over their shady nonsense, I crossed Eagle off my list.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle is out for me unless they have fired the predatory MKE law firm that handles their fines. After seeing that truck driver lose him home over their shady nonsense, I crossed Eagle off my list.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:

View Quote
Looks like they have managed to hold onto their property for now. I remember initially it was reported that they were going to have to sell.

Two Families Battle Outrageous Fines and Fees in Wisconsin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top