Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2022 12:08:38 PM EDT
Well, pawn shop anyway.  Deprez on Preston is closing up shop on Dec 14.

I perused the gun section of course.
A glock 19, a few Taurus 9mm an SW MP, two Beretta 92FS, and a Walther P22 (tempted on that one) and a few revolvers. Prices seemed OK.

As far as rifles and shotguns, there were an AR, a Mossberg 590, a few bolt action .22s and a Marlin 336 that was on hold for someone.

I also spotted a well used Russian Tokarev (1945 dated, no safety) with lanyard loop magazine and war time wood grips.
Probably over paid, but I snagged that one.

Anyway, Deprez will be missed. I've bought a few guns there over the years.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
When I first moved to Louisville in 2003, I could spend a whole Saturday afternoon driving around town perusing the used guns at the local stores.  That is no longer the case.  One of my favorites was The Oakwood in Middletown.

There will be less monetary incentive to buy online with sales tax now being collected on most online transactions.  This might lead to a slight brick and mortar store revival, but I guess only time will tell.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Same. Bass Pro and Cabela's really hurt those mom and pops.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same. Bass Pro and Cabela's really hurt those mom and pops.
View Quote

Since their merger, Cabela's has gone downhill
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed… Cabelas is quickly becoming just BassPro…. BP is phasing out the Cabelas brand stuff for theirs of lesser quality…
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Picked up the Tokerev. Its a 43 and not a 45. Too bad the magazine doesn't match but its definitely a veteran of the Great Patriotic War.

Edit.

So far the frame, slide and barrel match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top