Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2021 8:44:07 PM EDT
As title states, will be in Boulder for a couple of days for work meeting. Have no desire whatsoever to stay in a hotel( even the really nice one that we are booked in for our meeting) if I am going to have to be in y’all’s state during the best outdoors weather of the year.

Looking for tent campsites with showers. ( or a creek, lol. Can’t go to corporate meeting smelling like I slept in the woods.)

Wilder areas preferred.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
How many minutes out of Boulder are you willing to drive to camp each day?  A lot of the closest places to Boulder don't allow dispersed camping, and many developed camp sites if they offer reservations will already be booked. I personally favor dispersed camping, there are some areas near Nederland that might fit the bill.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many minutes out of Boulder are you willing to drive to camp each day?  A lot of the closest places to Boulder don't allow dispersed camping, and many developed camp sites if they offer reservations will already be booked. I personally favor dispersed camping, there are some areas near Nederland that might fit the bill.
View Quote

I am ok with a 15-20 mile drive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
i see lots of homeless people camping in town.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i see lots of homeless people camping in town.  
View Quote

HA! No thanks, don’t mind paying to actually camp away from the urban outdoorsmen.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
https://freecampsites.net/#!Boulder,+Colorado
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://freecampsites.net/#!Boulder,+Colorado
View Quote

I don’t mind paying a fee. Anything advertised as “free” tends to attract folks I would not invite to a cookout.  Have you used any of the sites on that app?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't camped there, but I've spent plenty of time at Gross Reservoir (which is on that map), if I wanted to camp within 15 - 20 miles of Boulder I'd probably go there or maybe West Magnolia.  Personally I vastly prefer being up in the alpine, but you can't get there in 10 - 20 miles from Boulder.  If you want a developed camp ground, maybe Rainbow Lakes, but it's a little further.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't mind paying a fee. Anything advertised as "free" tends to attract folks I would not invite to a cookout.  Have you used any of the sites on that app?
View Quote

negative.

i was just googling around looking for camping near boulder.

i like the area around boulder a lot more than boulder proper.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

negative.

i was just googling around looking for camping near boulder.

i like the area around boulder a lot more than boulder proper.
View Quote

I am sure I will as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck.  Camping is super crowded these days.

I agree with the Gross Reservoir idea, but I think that's 1st come / 1st served.  And you prob need 4x4 or high clearance to get to the site.

West Magnolia was mostly hippies when I was there last.  

Maybe Carter Lake - a bit of a drive, but less weird than the foothills of Boulder.  Or, Golden Gate Canyon St. Park, but that's more like 45 min drive to Boulder.

Just stay at the nice hotel and hike after work.  Lots of sunlight that time of year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good luck.  Camping is super crowded these days.

I agree with the Gross Reservoir idea, but I think that's 1st come / 1st served.  And you prob need 4x4 or high clearance to get to the site.

West Magnolia was mostly hippies when I was there last.  

Maybe Carter Lake - a bit of a drive, but less weird than the foothills of Boulder.  Or, Golden Gate Canyon St. Park, but that's more like 45 min drive to Boulder.

Just stay at the nice hotel and hike after work.  Lots of sunlight that time of year.
View Quote

Even crowded on a Tuesday/Wednesday stay? I will check out Gross Reservoir. 4WD and clearance will not be an issue. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Even crowded on a Tuesday/Wednesday stay? I will check out Gross Reservoir. 4WD and clearance will not be an issue. Thanks.
View Quote

I can't speak for Boulder, but last year, when traveling for work, campgrounds in Moab, Crested Butte, etc. were full on a Tues/Wed.  It's crazy these days.  Boulder may be fine.  It does seem better this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top