Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 7:14:58 PM EDT
I bought my first gun and I want to go to the range to shoot it. Is there any law against me taking my gun to the range if I don’t yet have a concealed carry permit? I live in WV but am working in AL and all I can find is I can keep it or transport it in my car as long as it is in a lock box not loaded and inaccessible to driver and passengers. Would there be any issue for me taking it to a range in AL?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll let the legal-e folks give you a finally verdict, but you understand the law the way I do.

Just transport it to the range in the manner you listed above.

ETA: Welcome to Bama!
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It shouldn't be a problem.  Most ranges like you to keep it unloaded until you are on the firing line.  Just give the range nearest you a call before going.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
@OneFord

Which area area are you working in?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Working in Birmingham. Yeh I called the range and they couldn’t give me an answer on it they just said check the laws
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Working in Birmingham. Yeh I called the range and they couldn’t give me an answer on it they just said check the laws
View Quote

Hoover Tactical would be your best bet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You are good to good.  Perfectly legal.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top