Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2021 9:01:37 PM EDT
Got a BBQ to go to Fri evening, so I'm good there.  Got a Wedding Party on Sat evening, so I'm good there.

Cop-on-Cop Wedding Sat. AM-noon; I'm not invited (thank God!), so what to do?

We're staying near I-285 and Chamblee-Dunwoody.  Anything to see or do for 5-6 hours on Sat?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like Vietnamese food?

Pho Bac
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really.  

Friday night turned out to be a rehearsal dinner, so now it's open.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
for bbq, pig n chic is pretty good. For burgers, Bad Daddy's ain't bad. There's supposed to be a decent french/cajun restaurant, but I haven't tried it. As far as things to do, I don't have a lot of good ideas. Righteous Room is a kinda cool bar.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There's always the Clairmont lounge for entertainment. Its more toward midtown. I guess it's still there. I haven't been there for a few decades or so......

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Claremont Lounge and Magic City are always good time wasters…
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/LaRue-Tactical-presents-the-7th-Annual-GA-HTF-MOA-Challenge-Shoot-11-20-2021/35-657592/
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Claremont Lounge and Magic City are always good time wasters…
View Quote

Freaking Magic City. Haven't heard about that place since the late 90s. You and Emu making me laugh so hard.

OP, I got nothing. There's the Oasis Good Time Emporium just outside of 285 on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. I haven't been to a titty bar in decades.

JR's BBQ always did a good breakfast back in the day. I like their BBQ too. http://www.jrsloghouse.com/
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Freaking Magic City. Haven't heard about that place since the late 90s. You and Emu making me laugh so hard.

OP, I got nothing. There's the Oasis Good Time Emporium just outside of 285 on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. I haven't been to a titty bar in decades.

JR's BBQ always did a good breakfast back in the day. I like their BBQ too. http://www.jrsloghouse.com/
View Quote

Oasis has been in some legal trouble recently regarding their liquor license. At this point, it’s either a titty club with no alcohol, or they serve alcohol and no titties. Either one sounds like a terrible time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, we're back!

Friday night was dinner at the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant, Chamblee, a couple miles south of our hotel and on the SW side of some airport.  Old mil-vehicles as you drive in, then you pass  "Checkpoint Charlie" guard post (unmanned) and then park right near a runway.  Great bar, great restaurant, great food and service.  Very enjoyable.

https://www.the57threstaurant.com/

Hung out at the Spice and Sky resturant and bar for most of Saturday afternoon, then we went to the Wedding Party at the Bluetop Bar and Grill, also a couple miles south of our resturant.  By far - the best - chicken wings and french fries I've ever had!  Party was pretty good with an open bar and finger foods - their chicken sliders were excellent!

All in all, we had a good time.  We had about 15 miles of traffic coming down south towards I-285 on I-75, but it was tolerable, it never came to a complete halt.  Getting out west on I-285 and north on I-75 on Sunday was duck soup.

We had a great time!

Thanks,
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't beat 57th Fighter Group, their Sunday brunch is epic.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Speaking of breakfast, I forgot:

We went to Golbergs & Sons a half mile north of our hotel and I-285.  Great breakfast and my wife loved her Avocodo/bagel combo.  We ended up getting another dozen or so for the ride home.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Completely forgot about that place. Glad it is still open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top