Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 12:42:18 PM EDT
Wife was born and raised in Metairie, left for work in 2005 and has never been back.

We are headed there next month so she can show me the area where she grew up, went to college, etc...

How has it changed in the past 15 years? I know "going home" its never the same as one remembers...

Is "Walk-ons" worth a visit or just another chain restaurant?

Is the WWII museum any good?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:
Wife was born and raised in Metairie, left for work in 2005 and has never been back.

We are headed there next month so she can show me the area where she grew up, went to college, etc...

How has it changed in the past 15 years? I know "going home" its never the same as one remembers...

Is "Walk-ons" worth a visit or just another chain restaurant?

Is the WWII museum any good?
View Quote
Metairie has changed a good bit. Lakeside mall was revamped. Esplanade Mall is now a fart in the wind. Clearview Mall is still alive, somehow. Veterans Blvd is still a cluster.

Go to the WWII museum. It has expanded in recent years and is a very nice place to visit in the city.

Walk-Ons is a local chain. There are better places to go. If you want Louisiana food, don't go to Walk-Ons. It's mostly generic sports bar food.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
no more fat city...:(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top