Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 6:00:53 PM EDT
A Go Kit is what Hams (amateur radio operators) call a portable or mobile setup that contains everything needed to set up and operate a radio station in the field.  Initially the kits were thought of as something you could take with you, on a moment's notice, during an emergency.  They still serve the primary intention but nowadays they are more often used to operate at parks or anywhere outside of your normal home shack.

This weekend in Lewisville, TX the Go Kit Challenge will happen on March 16th (rain or shine), at the pavillion in Double Tree Park.  If you're interested or curious, please come out to take a look and see how different hams set up their gear.  If you're already a ham, there will be lots of ideas to steal.

More information on the location and times are at this website:  Go Kit Challenge Lewisville, TX

mm
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks neat, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there for last year's. Maybe I'll be there for this year's, if my work unties me from the barrel for a change.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m going to try to get out there Saturday morning and just look at all the cool setups.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a cool event and in my general area.  If I'd seen this earlier, I'd prep to force myself to be a morning person for a day.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top