Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 2:10:15 PM EDT
I recall a number of years back hearing that you could take in an old glock and old glock mags to the Smyrna location and they'd replace springs/mag springs/etc for you while you wait for no charge.

Do they still do that or is there at least partial truth to this? If so, what exactly do they do?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken three different guns up there over the years. One had a broken part, one was having trigger reset issues and one I just wanted refurbished. They replaced all of the old parts in all of them to the most current parts. All three were done at no charge to me and it only took 20 minutes or so from the time I walked in until I walked out. Having Glock within driving distance is one of the reasons I prefer them for the modern polymer handgun role.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Best to call ahead. Now they have an actual security booth, gate, guard, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Longest it has taken me is about an hour. I have taken a few over for work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I just showed up both times, had cable lock installed at security booth each time (and had my G26 on my hip all day anyway, but that’s not their business).

Gun was a G19 gen3 that started throwing brass erratically around the 8-10k round count. Tech replaced all internal parts and gave me a new magazine to try. Problem didn’t go away, so I took it back. This time they put a gen4 ejector in it and it’s been running like a champ since. Tech test fired it, confirmed proper function, and said if that didn’t fix it, we’d look into replacing the gun. Gun has been great since. I’m carrying it right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for the tips, I've got a LEO trade in with fresh guts ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I went by there today. Quick service as always.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top