Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2023 11:28:01 PM EDT
I do not know him personally but Bosse has been good for Georgetown.  

https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-investigates/questions-raised-over-new-mayors-firing-of-georgetown-police-chief

Mayor is a piece of shit in my opinion…
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
There have been several terminations over the last week across the state. Police and fire chiefs work at the pleasure of the Mayor.  In some cases, chiefs have campaigned for an incumbent - only to be terminated by the winning opponent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Georgetown.  There has been a battle over raising water rates and the previous Mayor decided not to seek reelection.  David Lusby, a well known local business owner and elected member of the city council for years was expected to win.  This new Mayor ran a very dirty and negative campaign on the final days before the election.  He hit up Mom groups on FB and door to door knockers to remind everyone that one of David Lusby's businesses was a check cashing business.  He's owned it for years and years and yet, this seemed to be what lost David the election. This new guy is a snake, no one knew his name before those final days of campaigning. It's an ugly mess.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I do not know him personally but Bosse has been good for Georgetown.  

https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-investigates/questions-raised-over-new-mayors-firing-of-georgetown-police-chief

Mayor is a piece of shit in my opinion
View Quote

Seems to be the case....

Georgetown City Council Meeting | Jan. 9, 2023 | News-Graphic

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mayor is a piece of shit in my opinion
View Quote

He was a school teacher and had some name recognition with parents.  He wasn't a good school teacher though.  Georgetown had a whole slate of progressive liberal BLM people win as Mayor and City Council.  Bosse did a good job at balancing keeping people safe and being too aggressive with enforcement.  

The Mayor says he "wants to go in a different direction" which can only mean he wants to reduce enforcement of the laws.  In the last few years criminals from Lexington have been invading Georgetown and causing serious problems.  Now with less enforcement the Lexington criminals are going to view Georgetown as an easy target and safe haven.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He was a school teacher and had some name recognition with parents.  He wasn't a good school teacher though.  Georgetown had a whole slate of progressive liberal BLM people win as Mayor and City Council.  Bosse did a good job at balancing keeping people safe and being too aggressive with enforcement.  

The Mayor says he "wants to go in a different direction" which can only mean he wants to reduce enforcement of the laws.  In the last few years criminals from Lexington have been invading Georgetown and causing serious problems.  Now with less enforcement the Lexington criminals are going to view Georgetown as an easy target and safe haven.  

View Quote

This makes me glad I got out of Georgetown a few months ago. Vehicle break-ins were bad enough in my old neighborhood when GPD was actively patrolling at night specifically looking for thieves, I can't imagine what it'll be like with law enforcement taking a more hands-off approach. I'm sure they'll graduate to bigger crimes
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't know a whole Hell of a lot about the local politics of the town you live in, do you? This is a Hell of a lot more complex deal than Burney wuz a teacher so he wunned on name recognition. Lusby didn't get beat by muh BLM, Lusby got beat due to the man he sees in the mirror every day. And for Christ sake, this "BLM" packed council has a f'n retired local cop and the brother of the Sheriff....of the three that changed hands, one was running for mayor, one probably got beat for being a part of Lusby dynasty, and the other one is a flaming dipshit....in fact so much of one it's been a long running joke in this town.  You are the first I've heard attribute all of this to muh liburel woke agenda.

I don't like this decision, I have concerns over how it went down, and there some things pointing to this possibly being personal...but he did just appointed the assistant chief for the position, the council will vote in a couple weeks on approval. He's a guy who served and rose through the ranks of this department under Bosse's leadership.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You don't know a whole Hell of a lot about the local politics of the town you live in, do you? This is a Hell of a lot more complex deal than Burney wuz a teacher so he wunned on name recognition. Lusby didn't get beat by muh BLM, Lusby got beat due to the man he sees in the mirror every day. And for Christ sake, this "BLM" packed council has a f'n retired local cop and the brother of the Sheriff....of the three that changed hands, one was running for mayor, one probably got beat for being a part of Lusby dynasty, and the other one is a flaming dipshit....in fact so much of one it's been a long running joke in this town.  You are the first I've heard attribute all of this to muh liburel woke agenda.

I don't like this decision, I have concerns over how it went down, and there some things pointing to this possibly being personal...but he did just appointed the assistant chief for the position, the council will vote in a couple weeks on approval. He's a guy who served and rose through the ranks of this department under Bosse's leadership.
View Quote

That's a pretty good assessment of it all! Ol' Burney was my PE teacher at Georgetown Middle, and George Lusby was the principal. Both paddled my ass.

Stephen Price, if you wanna piss him off just blast your horn at him. Certifiable kook.

A lotta folks saw Lusby as a continuation of the silly and stupid growth going on here, the water treatment plant fiasco is just another symptom of how nuts it is.

Sounds like we have a good man for Chief, maybe Burney got the message.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's a pretty good assessment of it all! Ol' Burney was my PE teacher at Georgetown Middle, and George Lusby was the principal. Both paddled my ass.

Stephen Price, if you wanna piss him off just blast your horn at him. Certifiable kook.

A lotta folks saw Lusby as a continuation of the silly and stupid growth going on here, the water treatment plant fiasco is just another symptom of how nuts it is.

Sounds like we have a good man for Chief, maybe Burney got the message.
View Quote

Yep. This was long in the making and set up by who was running coupled with prior and current issues. There have long been questions on Lusby and if he benefited from decisions made during his long council tenure. While the chief serves at the pleasure of the mayor, Jenkins really didn't do himself any favors with having the HR person do the firing over the phone, never indicating this was a potential direction, and then of course the step son issue. Time will tell how this goes. A lot of folks that supported him were not happy. However, I'm more than willing to see how the new guy goes being that he is a product of what Bosse built.

I've long thought it would be hilarious for someone with some pull in the community to couple their standing with the fact council positions are at large to push Price into a seat for thr lulz. It would be an epic shit show worthy of a truck load of popcorn.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every conservative and independent person on the city council has now been replaced by liberals.  Three city council candidates who were on the BLM campaign flier with race baiter Charles Booker and they all won by a significant margin.  If you weren't aware of that campaign flier with those members and Booker on it then maybe you don't know as much you think think you do.  Or you think Booker has nothing to do with BLM and should have been our Senator?

The fact the Mayor appointed the assistant chief shows it was 100% a revenge firing.  One of the mayors first act was to be vindictive and petty despite a very large crowd of citizens asking him not to.  That type of attitude leads to corruption in short order in politics.  It also sets the tone of "I will do what I want and if you don't do as I say you will be gone".  What is the new Chief going to do if petty and vindictive mayor orders the PD to do something questionable?  Are the officers going to risk their jobs and pension or will they claim they were just following orders?  Learning under Bosse's leadership doesn't mean anything when the new Mayor demands he do something else.

The city council has been going down hill for years.  It now cost $50.01 a month just to have water connected to a house. That is before using even a single gallon of water because they tack on so many other unrelated fees and garbage fee.  How about $5 a month 911 fee which has been raised to $8 which doesn't even go to law enforcement.  The city council passed that and put the money in their general fund to spend.  Both water and garbage rates are going to soar this next year due to the poor planning of the idiots running the town...and that was done with the council that had a couple good members voting for other ways to handle things besides taxing the citizens to death.  I don't see things getting better in the town.  They Mayor and City Council can go ahead and prove me wrong if they like.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every conservative and independent person on the city council has now been replaced by liberals.  Three city council candidates who were on the BLM campaign flier with race baiter Charles Booker and they all won by a significant margin.  If you weren't aware of that campaign flier with those members and Booker on it then maybe you don't know as much you think think you do.  Or you think Booker has nothing to do with BLM and should have been our Senator?
View Quote

With all due respect, those of us that been here our entire lives and have the t-shirt don't need tin foil hat wearing out of state transplants missing entire decades of context explaining our history to us, especially when we know many of these people professionally and personally. Most of these people are not the evil human beings you are trying to make them out to be to score some win on the culture battlefield.

While this does point to being vindictive I can think of a number of reasons why a new mayor would can the current guy for someone down the ladder, especially with a current chief who was hitting around 40 some years of service if memory serves me correct. That action in itself isn't an indictment. Once again context.

You do realize the reason we are here is that the other guy was one of the idiots you cited, right? And no, regardless of what you have had teleported to your brain via the latest in tin foil technology the entire council has not replace by a woke team from Portland. JFC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

With all due respect, those of us that been here our entire lives and have the t-shirt don't need tin foil hat wearing out of state transplants missing entire decades of context explaining our history to us, especially when we know many of these people professionally and personally. Most of these people are not the evil human beings you are trying to make them out to be to score some win on the culture battlefield.

While this does point to being vindictive I can think of a number of reasons why a new mayor would can the current guy for someone down the ladder, especially with a current chief who was hitting around 40 some years of service if memory serves me correct. That action in itself isn't an indictment. Once again context.

You do realize the reason we are here is that the other guy was one of the idiots you cited, right? And no, regardless of what you have had teleported to your brain via the latest in tin foil technology the entire council has not replace by a woke team from Portland. JFC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said the previous admins were doing a great job but it is still easy to see the new Mayor and City Council are not an improvement.  This town has had bad leadership through the entire growth phase of the last 30 years. Anything that generates revenue for they city or grows the city they have rubber stamped.  Being fiscally responsible is not something they believed in and the few city council members who were arguing for it are now gone.

The bad leadership is why the "bypass" roads are now congested with traffic lights and schools.  Anyone with 2 brain cells could figure out building 3 schools that will dump all their traffic at the same time onto a 2 lane "bypass" road is going to be a nightmare.  Yet, they all allowed that to happen and now we have a mile long backup that requires law enforcement to direct traffic on a daily basis.  That falls on the Mayor, City Council, Planning and Zoning, and Board of Adjustments.  

Feel free to name the people you support the issues you think they will fix.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else see the irony in someone who just joined the forum this month and has 5 posts complaining about johnny-come-lately?

Maybe it's just me
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
So now you're on the school board which has jack and shit to do with the city council. Once again Lusby lost because he big part of past administrations, Tingle-Sames was as well, speaking of prior policing issues.....I send my condolences.

If you want to learn more about the whys of those school building prohects there is a current county judge and county magistrate who both have direct knowledge of past and current school building project decisions, in fact the magistrate is in charge of buildings and grounds. You might come out with a new perspective and be thankful for some past school boards for forward thinking on knowing they were going contend with growth 20 and 30 years later....but of course that requires listening and removing the Reynolds Wrap.

I do find it hilarious that you are now complaining about bypass traffic when they use to cram the contents of both high schools and a middle school onto freaking Cardinal Drive because people didn't want to split the sports ball teams and/or didn't want to pay a few extra bucks on property taxes.......along with the two I cite above there another magistrate and a current member of the Woke City Council who was SRO out there that can explain how fun and safe that experiment was....

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So now you're on the school board which has jack and shit to do with the city council.
View Quote

I didn't say anything about the actual schools or school board.  Why are you trying to confuse the issues?  I brought up their location, the location of the infrastructure in town, zoning changes for the location, the roads planned and approved for the area....every single one of those things are 100% under the control of the Mayor and City Council.  Stop deflecting from the issue.

You should do love to deflect from the issues brought up, throw out insults at people and do so without answering a single question.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone else see the irony in someone who just joined the forum this month and has 5 posts complaining about johnny-come-lately?

Maybe it's just me
View Quote

If your concern is that I'm taking up for Jenkins then whst I would tell is that you need to enroll in reading comprehension classes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't say anything about the actual schools or school board.  Why are you trying to confuse the issues?  I brought up their location, the location of the infrastructure in town, zoning changes for the location, the roads planned and approved for the area....every single one of those things are 100% under the control of the Mayor and City Council.  Stop deflecting from the issue.

You should do love throwing out insults at people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So now you're on the school board which has jack and shit to do with the city council.

Once again, instead of doing what you do well, talking out your ass, go ask the magistrate and county judge the why's of school bldg projects over the 10 years or so. It's much less nefarious than you imply.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Once again, instead of doing what you do well, talking out your ass, go ask the magistrate and county judge the why's of school bldg projects over the 10 years or so. It's much less nefarious than you imply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at that, another insult and no answers.  

I have talked to many city and county level officials.  I've talk to all the magistrates and Joe Patt numerous times.  The reasons given for why they put 2 more schools on a bypass was "that is where the water, sewer, and power infrastructure was".  The School Board doesn't control where the water and sewer lines are, that is the Mayor and City Council giving direction to the water department.  The whole point of planning and zoning is to PLAN for the future and advise the Mayor and City Council on what projects they would prioritize.  The reason the bypass gets shutdown daily with stop and go traffic directed by law enforcement is because they all failed to plan ahead and build ahead.  

I didn't say anything was nefarious, that is an exaggerated statement you made about me just like your lie I attacked the school board when I never mentioned them.  I said the city had bad leadership.  The city did have bad leadership and  and now it has even worse.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude you are literally doing what you always do, going in circles and blaming every freaking cockamany thing except reality. You were the one blaming BLM for these elections and claiming the entire council was handed over to woksters, then you to jump school building projects and a bypass.

Anyone that's been around this place knows why Lusby lost, Tingle-Sames as well, talk about a person that's ridden her name as long as she could.

Not everything in this fucking world is Twighlight Zone episode and a war against Antifa, which you apparently think has invaded our city hall.  Ho Lee Fook dude.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#19]
You registered 8 days ago but act like you know me and "what I always do"?  You don't know a thing about me, especially since i have never spoken about Georgetown city politics on this forum.

I do not like any Lusby.  I think it is disgusting how many streets, parks, buildings...etc. were named by or for that family.  It is straight up political corruption, which is how things have always been done in Georgetown no matter who is in charge.  It is all about who they know and doing favors for the people they are politically connected to.  

The revenge firing by Jenkins is another great example of that corruption continuing.  One of the first acts of the new mayor was to continue petty and vindictive political behavior.  It is more of the same corruption, just different people utilizing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top