Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 6:13:57 PM EDT
Just a quick question to WY residents - What's your outlook for the state politically for the coming decade?  is there movement to the left? more right?

Thinking about retirement and possibly a summer home up that way.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I first came to Wyoming in 1969. At that point the population was 289K.
I'm still here (after a long sojourn in northern Canada). I feel that I am pretty much as free now as I was then.
Only difference is you can't drive with an open container now.

Remember: there are no REAL urban centers in Wyoming: no Portlands, Seattles, Denvers, where the Free Shit Army and their Leftist enablers can congregate and vote for a living.

And, the winters.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you guys might be seeing a bunch of new neighbors-seems like everyone I meet and work with who value individual liberty and responsibility are looking at real estate in Wyoming. People from Nevada, Utah, Eastern Washington, You're the happening place to be.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Wyoming is one of the most conservative places in the US, it'll likely stay that way for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Wyoming probly wont change much, the winters keep the pussy free loaders out for the most part. Once Colorado goes full retard we will probly be relocating to Wyoming.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone!   Wife and I may come out for a visit next summer.  like the west part of the state bordering UT/ID.  Our primary retirement home will be in Mississippi.  Super conservative and pro gun there.  If we buy up there it will be a summer home probably only.   Can deal with the winters - just went through one last year in Vermont.  Temps don't bother us.  The perpetual 6+ month winter though gets real old real fast...  Prefer the "harsh" south Mississippi winters instead lol!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you guys might be seeing a bunch of new neighbors-seems like everyone I meet and work with who value individual liberty and responsibility are looking at real estate in Wyoming. People from Nevada, Utah, Eastern Washington, You're the happening place to be.
View Quote
Growth is what brings less freedom.

Even though you say these people value individual liberty, they often bring among family members, have kids that become indoctrinated by the public school system, or indirectly just by the nature of growth the state demands more infrastructure and businesses which ends up getting others to make it a destination.

I am not saying freedom loving people shouldn't come, I welcome them but in the end growth is not a good thing for the state to remain as free as it is today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top