Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2021 9:26:47 AM EDT
Looking to separate from the USMC after 8 years and live in West Virginia , but I’m interested in being a Natural Resource Officer in Maryland around the Garret county/ Deep Creek lake area. Hoping someone here might be able to offer some assistance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to separate from the USMC after 8 years and live in West Virginia , but I’m interested in being a Natural Resource Officer in Maryland around the Garret county/ Deep Creek lake area. Hoping someone here might be able to offer some assistance.
View Quote

About living in that area or DNR specifically?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
DNR job specifically I’ll probably live around the Keyser, WV area.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck. When I got out and tried joining, they told me the only chance I would have is if I were a black female.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
@Angrymule

Contact: Cpl. Ray Griggs at 443-221-8251 or [email protected]

Doubtful you'll get a choice WHERE.
Usually move new officers AWAY from where they're from for the first couple years.

Ray's a good guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Info I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you do get a job in the area give me a holler.  DH and I own land just south of Keyser.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you do get a job in the area give me a holler.  DH and I own land just south of Keyser.
View Quote

Downwind of Luke?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Downwind of Luke?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Downwind of Luke?

On occasion, yeah.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

On occasion, yeah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Downwind of Luke?

On occasion, yeah.

Shut down now I think.
Used to be fragrant!

Used to trap near there every year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, I’m waiting on my paper work for my reenlistment to come back to decide what to do. It’s looking like I’m getting out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks, I’m waiting on my paper work for my reenlistment to come back to decide what to do. It’s looking like I’m getting out.
View Quote

I worked for the state of Maryland for 15 years. Wouldn't go back. I've never been screwed around so much in my life. I'm with CSX now out of Cumberland and regularly work Keyser yard, past Luke where the Mill used to be, and up through Garrett County. Never been happier.

If you guys are looking for people to shoot with, hit me up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top