Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2024 10:03:04 PM EDT
Figured I would ask this year because over the years I’ve found that there isn’t much that the group here doesn’t know about or can’t get done. I’m working on moving and one of the pieces of the puzzle is finding a suitable enclosed garage type storage solution for my utility trailer and Can-Am side-by-side vehicle.  

I have learned that most storage unit doors just aren’t wide enough – I need a door at least about 9 feet wide and everything I’ve been finding is either 7 or 8 feet wide.  And to avoid having to get a double wide unit, I need something with a door that is at least 8 feet high so that I can keep the Can-Am on my utility trailer instead of parking it next to the trailer. I thought I had a unit the other day and it had a 12 foot high door but it was only 8 feet wide at the door opening which is a little bit shy of what I need to squeeze the trailer in there.  Storing this in one of those open boat and RV storage lots is absolutely out of the question for security reasons and also just the overall weathering of my machine.

I’m looking for this in the Tampa area and ideally it would be situated somewhere along either I 75, I 275 or the Selmon Expressway but I would take a look at anything in the area. If anyone out there in the area has any ideas or leads, I’d greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe check out industrial parks that cater to small businesses. Basically big subdivided warehouses or buildings. Lots of that in my area with people running little shops out of or using for storage for their businesses. Id imagine they will be a bit more spendy though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HiFlow:
Maybe check out industrial parks that cater to small businesses. Basically big subdivided warehouses or buildings. Lots of that in my area with people running little shops out of or using for storage for their businesses. Id imagine they will be a bit more spendy though.
View Quote

Thanks for the idea. Maybe I will expand my search to include places like that, although I suspect you are correct and that would be a much more expensive option. I don’t need a workshop or anything – just enough space for this trailer with the Can-Am on it.

Again, thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My search continues so I’d definitely appreciate if anyone happens to come across any options.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I would look for a storage facility that advertises for indoor boat storage. They would likely have rollup doors that would be big enough.

But you're likely going to end up renting a commercial bay, or part of one. I pay a woodworking company $300/mo to keep my airboat in the back of their shop.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people just have too much sh!t.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
View Quote

Especially in Florida. When I lived there, literally all homes with 2 car garages had cars parked outside in my area. The garages were full of stuff. Most not used in years ( people I knew on my street ).
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
View Quote

I appreciate your non-helpful, judgmental and rather assumptive post. Hopefully you can detect the sarcasm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top