Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2020 8:21:27 PM EDT
Ron Dickson show at the Expo Center, Sat. and Sun. First one in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there, even if the ammo won't be.

Post show edit.

Ammo was somewhat available, but most of it was a $1 a round for .223 (PMC). Similar prices for 9mm as well. Not much for reloading supplies though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be there, even if the ammo won't be.

Post show edit.

Ammo was somewhat available, but most of it was a $1 a round for .223 (PMC). Similar prices for 9mm as well. Not much for reloading supplies though.

View Quote

I talked to a woman in the parking lot that bought 3X50 round boxes of .380 FMJ, that's 150 rounds of range ammo. She had paid $180 for them, $60 per box. People were begging for 5.56.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I halfway thought of parking my truck there with a sign on top.  Wolf steel for .90 a round.  Bet I would have sold the 5k or so I got.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I halfway thought of parking my truck there with a sign on top.  Wolf steel for .90 a round.  Bet I would have sold the 5k or so I got.
View Quote

I did just that without the sign on top. My plan was to park up as close as possible and walk up close to the door and ask people if they wanted any ammo. I have a ton of 9, 40, .38 special, 45ACP and 380. I could never make it to the door. I'd get halfway there, asking everybody that I passed, and they'd want to go back to my car to buy some. After about an hour of that, I just stayed at the car and asked people coming and going. I had a line backed up and waiting many times. I got a little nervious at one point because I had taken in over $8,000 and I had money all over the trunk of my car with people crowding in. It was getting a little disorderly. I had to tell everybody to wait until I could gather up the money and put it away. People were asking for 223 and 762X39, at a reasonable price. That woman I mentioned earlier^ was sick when I showed her all the 380 I had and my price at $20 per box less than what she paid inside. About 4 o'clock. a lady that said she was from "security" came by and ran me off. She said I couldn't sell in the parking lot, I can't decide whether I'll go back tomorrow or not. She took pictures of me and my car/licence plate. It might be better to just enjoy my windfall for now and leave it to the rest of you. I also sold 6 handguns. I never went inside the building.

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
what were you selling .223 for? I've got some Wolff collecting dust...
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what were you selling .223 for? I've got some Wolff collecting dust...
View Quote

I wasn't selling any rifle ammo, only handgun ammo. I'm keeping what I've got. Everybody was asking for it and I heard they were selling it for $1.00/round in the show. I saw several people coming out with 500 round boxes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
double tap
Top Top