Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2018 7:53:20 PM EDT
Will be in town to shoot the GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation Match at the Scarborough Fish & Game Association. What all is there to do on down time as well as good Restaurants? We will be there a couple of days early and want to see all we can.
Are there any good gun shops to visit, with any old guns and/or military surplus guns.
Any one interested in the Match go to gssfonline.com, it is a great event.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Cabelas which is right near the range is about as good as it gets in that area. Other than that the only halfway interesting thing I can think of to do is take a ride on one of the casco bay ferries to see the coastline a little bit. The mailboat run is ok but depends on the time of year... Won't be much fun if it is 40 degrees and raining.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply will have to check into the ferry and mailboat as far as weather as long as it ain't above 60 degrees I'm fine I'm not fond of high heat and you know that's all we have in July in Georgia and I don't mind traveling a bit for a good gun shop to visit so if anybody thinks of anything let me know
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting close does anyone else have any suggestions. Will be at the  Scarborough fish and game range for a GSSF MATCH, if interested check it out on GSSFONLINE.COM as well as the Scarborough Fish And Game website
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply we had already planned on going to kittery trading and mite have to look into the other suggestions thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I come from south of Maine.  When I travel the area, I hit Portsmouth for atmosphere/ eats and drinks......Kittery for Kittery Trading Post.  Once in the area of Scarborough, there are 2 local fried clam places which are famous... Ken's and Bayley's , both on Pine Point Rd.  People argue over which place is better.  Across the street from the Scarborough Fish and Game there is a small oval racing track(Beech Ridge Motor Speedway).  I believe over that weekend there is a car race.  Its a pretty good take.  And of course there is the Cabelas in town also.  Here is an odd ball tip too, there is a Maine based "Discount Store" named "Marden's" north of the match.  I have never been disappointed there.  Another tip for an activity would be the "Eastern Trail Alliance" or Greenway.  It is one of those converted railway trails for hiking and biking.  It goes thru some natural salt marshes and extends all the way to Portland.  Also, almost forgot.  Go up to Freeport and visit L.L. Bean and shop the area.

I am really happy that Scarborough Fish and Game stepped up to bring GSSF back to New England.  Years ago they did Mass. and NH , but due to the difficulties of Gun Clubs, Politics, Gun Laws etc. they went away.  The Glock and GSSF Reps learned to really Hate me at the SHOT SHOW every year!  I would always hammer them on a lack of GSSF Matches in N.E.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You're REALLY going to like the range. My folks live in York County and the brother of an old Army buddy lives just a mile or two from the range and just so happens to be the IT guy for Scarborough Fish & Game. He took my son and I there to shoot while I was home visiting several years back. He was a member here back around 2010/11, but I don't believe he posts any longer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the information. Just so everyone is aware GSSF /GLOCK can only go were they are invited. A club must submit to host a match. All the paper work is on there website @  gssfonline.com under hot topics.  Hopefully more clubs will want to host one after they see the one in Scarborough.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
@gearjammer

How did the match go? What did you think of the SF&G range? Pretty nice, huh?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought the match went great and I really liked the club great people wished I could move up to Maine and be a member of a club like that hope to make it to this match every year they have it and so far it's on the books for next year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top