Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2020 10:19:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Walton County is now a 2A Sanctuary County. We’ll see how the vote went earlier tonight at the commissioners meeting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#2]
my county Haralson voted on and adopted a 2A sanctuary resolution last night.

Kevin Cooke, who is a current GA representative and running for US congress (14th district) this year, read the resolution before it was voted on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#3]
They've already gotten 1,000 signatures submitted to the county board here to try and get it declared but unfortunately the head of the group collecting signatures is a former klan guy so I'm not sure how much the board will listen. The board members also seem to have a "That'll never happen in GA" attitude when people tell them they're worried about gun control down the road like we're seeing in VA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They've already gotten 1,000 signatures submitted to the county board here to try and get it declared but unfortunately the head of the group collecting signatures is a former klan guy so I'm not sure how much the board will listen. The board members also seem to have a "That'll never happen in GA" attitude when people tell them they're worried about gun control down the road like we're seeing in VA.
View Quote
i hate hearing "that will never happen here" like they have already forgotten Stacey Abrams, or haven't been paying attention to anything around them.

your always about one election away from that happening here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I've called a meeting in Crawford to garner support. Next step is to speak to the sheriff and commissioners before submitting the resolution for a vote.

I really, really dislike politicians. I hope I can hide the disdain from my face.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
As per the news here today in my county it doesn't sound like it's going to happen. Article said the sheriff and the commissioners are all against it with the one commissioner saying he doesn't see Georgia ever getting to the level of where Virginia is now. The sheriff said he doesn't see what benefit it would have and GA has strong laws protecting the 2nd Amendment. He also said if he was told he had to confiscate guns that he'd leave the job.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
My county - Gilmer - just passed a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution. I believe the vote was unanimous.

Just how valuable such a vote is may be debated, but it’s a step in the right direction!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My county - Gilmer - just passed a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution. I believe the vote was unanimous.

Just how valuable such a vote is may be debated, but it’s a step in the right direction!
View Quote
It shows there's organized resistance. Any person with a medium-high double-digit IQ should understand there will be push back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top