Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2022 10:52:52 PM EDT
I am probably the last person to figure this out, but just in case...

The company I work for has been on the woke wagon for a while. In addition to all sorts of disgusting ESG stuff, they really stepped on my toes by openly soliciting donations to gun control groups a while back.

Charitable donations made through the company, to approved charities, are matched 100% up to $2000 per year.

It so happens that OFEF (which will be fighting the inevitable court battles if/when 114 takes effect) and SAF are on the approved list for matching.

So I kicked in some to OFEF today, and I'm going to set up an automatic monthly donation to max out that match on pro-2A groups going forward.

Just wanted to point this out for anyone wanting to chip in for the fight.  If you work for a company that has a donation matching system in place, it's worth checking if any pro-2A charities are on their list. It's all the more sweeter if they're woke.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you know if that $ you're donating will actually go to a pro-gun group?  Will there be any receipts or acknowledgement from those groups of your donation?

For all you know, your woke company may decide they know what's best for you and give it to the anti's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I seriously doubt that happens. They probably aren't looking at every transaction to the possibly thousands of charities on that list.

A lot of companies have systems like this set up. They also do it through a third party service, so it's possible that they just pay a bill and don't look at where every match is going. I allowed some of my info to pass along to OFEF, so if I was really paranoid I could ask them for confirmation.

Frankly that was a pretty doom and gloom reply for something that was supposed to be good news for people who feel powerless right now. Given an opportunity to double my impact for nothing, I'm going to take that chance and not dwell on the 'what ifs.'

I was just saying everyone who works for a decent sized company should look into it. If you're not comfortabe with it, fine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top