Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
Is there a way to look up schedules for freight trains in Texas?

Looking at a house in Round Rock that we noticed is near train tracks. The line looks like it's the Georgetown Railroad which is a short-line, trying to figure out how active the tracks are or if trains run on it at night.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The tracks that run down 79 going east?

They are BUSY...

I'm out by the Dell Diamond and I hear trains frequently Day & Night.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The tracks that run down 79 going east?

They are BUSY...

I'm out by the Dell Diamond and I hear trains frequently Day & Night.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

No it's another track that runs north toward Georgetown on the west side of I35. It looks like it runs by a neighborhood we are looking in off Old Settlers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No it's another track that runs north toward Georgetown on the west side of I35. It looks like it runs by a neighborhood we are looking in off Old Settlers.
View Quote

I think they just haul rock out of Texas Crushed Rock. I’m off 1431 and the trucks out of Texas Crushed Rock only run between 6 AM to a bit after 5 PM M-F.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there a way to look up schedules for freight trains in Texas?

Looking at a house in Round Rock that we noticed is near train tracks. The line looks like it's the Georgetown Railroad which is a short-line, trying to figure out how active the tracks are or if trains run on it at night.
View Quote

There isnt a set schedule for freight trains, so you're gonna have to do your homework.  

I would talk to the neighbors.  

I would go out to the closest grade crossings and wait for train, the crossings could be "QZs", or Quiet Zones, in which the trains dont blow horns unless its an emergency.

I would make a call to Georgetown RR's offices and ask them.  Though I think that line is actually owned by the Union Pacific.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top