Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2024 9:00:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99]
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ca2.59354/gov.uscourts.ca2.59354..0_1.pdf

"For the reasons stated above, we AFFIRM the injunctions in part, VACATE in part, and REMAND for proceedings consistent with this opinion.
In summary, we uphold the district court's injunctions with respect to N.Y. Penal L.   400.00(1)(o)(iv) (social media disclosure); N.Y. Penal L.   265.01-d (restricted locations) as applied to private property held open to the general public; and N.Y. Penal L.   265.01-e(2)(c) as applied to Pastor Spencer, the Tabernacle Family
Church, its members, or their agents and licensees. We vacate the injunctions in all other respects, having concluded either that the district Court lacked jurisdiction because no plaintiff had Article III standing to challenge the laws or
that the challenged laws do not violate the Constitution on their face."

So carry in private property open to public is now allowed. That's the big win.

And social media requirement is gone for now..but all other licensing requirements are allowed including training which sucks.

But they basically upheld everything else, all the new sensitive locations...Good moral character is allowed somehow even though it's the same arbitrary requirement as proper cause.

Now...

We / GOA appealed this entire 2nd circuit decision to SCOTUS even though we kinda won a lot in the 2nd circus...we want to get rid of the sensitive/restricted places and all the other CCIA restrictions like training and good moral character etc.

Scotus is hopefully going to decide on "good moral character" (which is just as arbitrary as proper cause)...AND whether 2nd amendment historical analysis should be done with 1790s in mind, or 1860s... obviously we want 1790s and that's what Thomas already spelled out...but here we are.

And if it's 1790s...there goes the rest of the CCIA and NYS AWB laws.

SCOTUS status of that case (Antonyuk/ CCIA / Bruen II, if you will) is here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/23-910.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I did miss this, as per my question on the other thread. Good news! Thanks. Guess I should also join GOA NY in addition to GOA.
Top Top