Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 11:58:59 PM EDT

Up here in the north country lots of American flags. We have lots of other flags too; Trump flags, FBiden flags, blue line, red line, and every branch of .Mil. etc. Hell we’ve got someone with a big Biden yard sign and a fence full of American Flags.

So I don’t even know what flying an American flag means any more. Nostalgia? Xiden support?  You’re a “patriot”? You’re proud of what this country has become?  

Pretty depressing and a sad state of affairs all and all.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I normally fly an American flag in support of our country, but the past few months I've displayed it upside-down to indicate this country's in serious trouble.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I normally fly an American flag in support of our country, but the past few months I've displayed it upside-down to indicate this country's in serious trouble.
View Quote

Ooh don’t say that in GD.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
In my newly adopted neighborhood there are lots of US flags, all Military branches, Blue Line, Trump and especially Gadsden flags.
One would NEVER see this in Western Washington, except for the disgusting LGBTQ rainbow, Antifa, or BLM garbage.
I haven't felt this good about where I am living in a long time.
I have found my people.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I fly mine because I'm American. My country is fucked, but those that insist on fucking it up fly different flags.

ETA
By other flags, I mean rainbows, etc and the refusal on those people's part to acknowledge anything good about mine. Hasn't been an issue here though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I view flying the U.S. flag as an expression of gratefulness for the nation we live in. One side of the political aisle is better about respecting this than the other. But I'm also grateful to the State of Idaho for reinforcing the rights defined by the U.S. Constitution.

If I flew flags, I would fly both.

EDIT: Here. We should change our state flag to this. It replaces the 50 stars (of a disunited America) with Idaho's seal. This, combined with the 13 stripes, represents a state that upholds the traditional values this nation was founded on.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I view flying the U.S. flag as an expression of gratefulness for the nation we live in. One side of the political aisle is better about respecting this than the other. But I'm also grateful to the State of Idaho for reinforcing the rights defined by the U.S. Constitution.

If I flew flags, I would fly both.

EDIT: Here. We should change our state flag to this. It replaces the 50 stars (of a disunited America) with Idaho's seal. This, combined with the 13 stripes, represents a state that upholds the traditional values this nation was founded on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318440/United_State_of_Idaho_png-1898628.JPG
View Quote

I like it. Hopefully we can hang on to what the real and best values of America were here.
We’ll discuss it at our coffee and book club meeting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I got feedback that Idaho's seal is "too busy." Here's a simplified concept:

Attachment Attached File

The idea here is being vigilant (like a minuteman) in guarding the founding values of the nation within our state.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got feedback that Idaho's seal is "too busy." Here's a simplified concept:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318440/Minuteman_on_the_Left_png-1899260.JPG

The idea here is being vigilant (like a minuteman) in guarding the founding values of the nation within our state.
View Quote

Too east coastish/Virginia like.

There is a  yellow flag with a snake that is more popular around here than the American flag. Try that in the blue field.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
My neighbor and I are in about our six month of arguing over his flag choices. He flies a “come and take it” and a Thin Blue Line flag.
I think he’s getting tired of my heckling.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had a Betsy Ross up since January.

Flag poles are expensive. I want a 60-footer to fly a 10x8 Gadsden, but the poles themselves are like $8k.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Lot's of American flags around here.  Still a few Trump flags.

There is a dude down the road with American, Trump and a Q flag.  Kinda want to stop by and say hi, but he would probably think I was a fed.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lot's of American flags around here.  Still a few Trump flags.

There is a dude down the road with American, Trump and a Q flag.  Kinda want to stop by and say hi, but he would probably think I was a fed.  
View Quote

Do you own a black SUV? Drive over there in a black SUV wearing a suit, mirrored sunglasses and a curly cord going in one ear, pull up and say "We'd like to talk to you about that flag".
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My neighbor and I are in about our six month of arguing over his flag choices. He flies a “come and take it” and a Thin Blue Line flag.
I think he’s getting tired of my heckling.
View Quote

Now that’s funny!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#14]
American and ID state flag on my front of house. Gadsden in my office.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back to the original question; why?  Is flying an American flag a rebellious act now?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]
That reminds me, my HOA has rules about external antennas, but flag poles are pretty open.   I need to find the company selling the poles with built in HAM antennas.

You can rebel while you rebel, but with HOA compliance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That reminds me, my HOA has rules about external antennas, but flag poles are pretty open.   I need to find the company selling the poles with built in HAM antennas.

You can rebel while you rebel, but with HOA compliance.
View Quote
That's actually hilarious!
I never thought about using a flagpole disguised as a vertically polarized antenna.
Now I'm contemplating moubting an EMCOMM 2.0 antenna upon a wind-up mast with a flag attached near the top.
Genius!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Back to the original question; why?  Is flying an American flag a rebellious act now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoy watching my flag in the wind out my dining room window when I eat breakfast and dinner. It's got a great backdrop, too, as I have lake and hillside beyond it. The flag reminds me why I have what I have, and all the sacrifices that have been made for my happiness and freedom.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The flag reminds me why I have what I have, and all the sacrifices that have been made for my happiness and freedom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The flag reminds me why I have what I have, and all the sacrifices that have been made for my happiness and freedom.

Good reminder and perspective. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I fly the American and the Marine Corps flags. Though my flag pole got jacked up by that last wind storm so I need a new one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone in my hood is flying black flags. I get that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I've kept a flag flying since I got my first place. My parents have always had them up, no matter who is in office.

Right now, I'm flying a flag that my grandfather gave me before he passed away. It's from the mid 1950's.

What's amazing is that a Fed Ex guy called it immediately.

"Hey, there's only 48 stars on your flag. What's up with that?"

I was impressed that he noticed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top