Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2020 5:56:53 PM EDT
Protest starting in downtown now. Bets on wheN the riots and burning/looting start!
Currently at CNN Center (YES!!!) and Cent Olympic Park.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m figuring around night fall it will really get started
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
APD is known for not being nice to rioting and looting, figure it will stay peaceful unless dumber than usual persons are out.

edit: Annnnd, I was wrong.  Burning cars.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Cranking up now down there
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I suspect this when their “demands” aren’t met.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Going as expected. Cops gave them room to destroy of course. Cop cars ablaze and danced on. Nice.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Curious to how things would go if a bunch of use came down there armed to protest. Wonder if it would keep things peaceful having people openly carrying around the ones thinking of heating things up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I posted on another forum around 5pm that when it gets dark, the police cars will get turned over and set on fire, windows of businesses would be broken and looted.  It came through some time around 8pm.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
They just said the College Football Hall of Fame building was broken into... Wonder if it was looted or just window broken.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The riots are dominating the local Atlanta news..  my wife feels like we live "in the city" and is genuinely concerned. First time in ten years of marriage she asked for the AR's to be in the bedroom. I'm happy to oblige, and love an opportunity to load up the guns, but no way in hell looters coming to Brookhaven.

My standard bedside and mags would suffice. But tonight, we have dualing carbines at the ready!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The riots are dominating the local Atlanta news..  my wife feels like we live "in the city" and is genuinely concerned. First time in ten years of marriage she asked for the AR's to be in the bedroom. I'm happy to oblige, and love an opportunity to load up the guns, but no way in hell looters coming to Brookhaven.

My standard bedside and mags would suffice. But tonight, we have dualing carbines at the ready!
View Quote

Hey Ginger,

Your honey may be right, the thugs have made their way up to the Target at Sidney Marcus and some are spotted at Lenox !
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Wife's friend was coming down tomorrow and her (the friend) and my wife were going to the Atlanta Zoo. I was going to be driving them with my kid riding shotgun (AKA 11.5 AR Pistol) taking them to the zoo.

LOLOLOLOL OH HELL NO!!!!!!!  

SO PLAN B is we meet her at the Knoxville Zoo.

Heck I plan on a heavy load out.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Atlanta protests for Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor: Live stream

YouTube link to 11 Alive coverage from the start.

I missed most of the coverage prior to getting home from work at 8:30 last night, and have been trying to catch up this morning.

There were minimal shenanigans for the first couple of hours.  If you fast forward to 2:45:29 (7:53pm) you'll see what [slightly later] appears to be a white male in a pink head covering smash the driver's window out of a police SUV with his skateboard, then walk back into the crowd in front of the SUV.

At 2:45:42 the shitshow really takes off.  As the camera returns to the police vehicles, there's a pair of what now appear to be 2 white males (the one in a pink head covering, the other in a black vest but no shirt) smashing police car windows with their skateboards.  Vest swings a few times then runs away to right of the screen.  Pink appears to walk calmly away, but gets caught in a mass of others and redirects to a couple of other cars and attacks them.
At 2:46:26 Pink appears to walk calmly off to the right.

This looks more like the behavior of people who would want to start a riot than the behavior of 2 young men who want to stick around & participate in one.  I have to wonder if these 2 were outside agitators brought in to kick this off.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Any bloviating from the 'Fridge..er Abrams?
heart of dixie is watching y'all.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there anything going on at Cumberland Mall this afternoon?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
heart of dixie is watching y'all.
View Quote

I'm sure she's too busy stuffing her pie hole. But she's going to blame it on Trump anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm by Town Brookhaven and I didn't even know this was going on. Crazy to think it was just a couple miles away.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Guard has been emergency activated
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Downtown is trashed. All the windows on Marietta are busted out.

My bldngs lobbies windows are busted out .

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Atlanta protests today | Live coverage

Crowd gathering downtown.

Curfew starts at 9pm
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
They've made it to Gwinnett. Apparently there have been some shenanigans at Sugarloaf Mills Mall which is right off 85 between GA 120 and Sugarloaf Parkway. Couple miles from my house. have not heard a bazillion sirens, like you'd have thought, but then again I have the windows closed and AC going.

Paid agitators?
People tired of being cooped up and blowing off steam?
People who actually think social change will come from destroying private property?
All of the above?

My son showed me this pic of a black guy teen taking a hammer to a check out scanner. Check out the background where there's a white dude stealing Legos.

I've been practicing my harsh language skills and sharpening my Swiss Army knife.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#21]
20 minutes until curfew. That 11Alive feed's got people all over.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Aww it's just a few peaceful Amish celebrating their cultural heritage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I wonder how well armored those things are.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wonder how well armored those things are.
View Quote

Doubt there is any cash in it, unless it was a 24 hour store.  Lots of places empty them at close of business.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]
WSB reporting most of the ones causing issues seem to be from out of town.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Too many terrible things coinciding.   The pent up frustration of the virus BS, not much to do, and activists waiting for a spark to launch their agenda from the shadows.  People wearing masks also likely feel more inclined to do bad things as they feel they can't be recognized.  Look at "Lego Box Boy" in the photo behind the dude with the hammer Mask and chaos = I get a free Lego set!

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]
All the mayors and even Trump are all talk.  Who is going to put an end to this and how?  Stay safe and stay away everyone, don't put yourself in a situation where you are forced to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I have to tell you coming from NJ I thought all this liberal BS was behind me... but I have to tell you Kemp really is standing out with how the lockdown was handled.. also the riots...if Abrams was Gov. you would see Ga become NY and NJ combined!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have to tell you coming from NJ I thought all this liberal BS was behind me... but I have to tell you Kemp really is standing out with how the lockdown was handled.. also the riots...if Abrams was Gov. you would see Ga become NY and NJ combined!!!!
View Quote

Does Abrams still think she won?

Stacey Abrams Says She Will Step Down As Governor If Asked To Run For VP

(Some good laughs at that site)

Another: Stacey Abrams Still Living In VR Simulation Of Alternate Reality Where She Won Georgia Election
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#30]

wow just wow!!

well in Newnan now a bunch of white liberals are demonstrating with signs saying " White silence is compliance"   again are you kidding?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

wow just wow!!

well in Newnan now a bunch of white liberals are demonstrating with signs saying " White silence is compliance"   again are you kidding?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

wow just wow!!

Babylon Bee is a satire site, but they are spot on all the time. Their writers are incredible. Hope they never have to learn to code.

ETA: Daughter and I went to Tribble Mill park near Lawrenceville to get out of the house, look for critters, and explore the park. Saw these gems scratched into some exposed rocks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

We did find a box turtle, fence lizards, and some tiny little frogs. We also found a dead smooth earth snake on one of the trail. Looked like mountain biker might have gotten it. We accidentally found a geocache as well. Fun way to spend a few hours.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's busy watching Keisha try and steal her VP slot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least she still has her day job as Governor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Fox 5 just had a story about increased gun sales. They talked to a guy buying a AR pistol at Adventure Outdoors and as he's holding it in the store he pulls a loaded AK mag out of his pocket.
Not sure what caliber the pistol was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top