Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2018 2:16:36 PM EDT
Ill be visiting  my family and will be  camping ,hiking and fishing at the end of the month.
Normally, I just keep my sidearm in my day pack.
What are my options. So Florida man doesn't have to resort to chewing faces off . Lol.
Fwiw
I don't have a Florida CWP.
Am I g2g in my ruck or open carry only?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, and no one batts an eye either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No permit needed to open carry or concealed, as long as you are 21 your are GTG.  WV is a constitutional carry state.

When I hike, I just wear my gun on my hip.

BTW, where you going hiking or camping, I'm near Elkins, and the Mon forest is my backyard...
View Quote
Thx.
Is national forest land different regs? It is here.
I have no clue. Lol.
My brother lives in Nallen so im letting him plan it all. They go all over the place.
Ill just be happy to not be here..
Its a fucking sauna lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Jus seen your in Nallen, not too far....

Ya know i moved back to this area 3 years ago. lol.

Im in Pocahontas County, Just east of your location over the mountain. If ya feel froggy for day trip or over niter, got plenty of space..
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jus seen your in Nallen, not too far....

Ya know i moved back to this area 3 years ago. lol.

Im in Pocahontas County, Just east of your location over the mountain. If ya feel froggy for day trip or over niter, got plenty of space..
View Quote
Yeah I knew you was up there..reason I posted figured you'd see it.
Brothers talking going 45 minutes north to go higher up maybe or to what they call "the lake".
But in reality it's all up in the air, I'm just looking forward to getting out of this sweat box for several days.
Either way..fishing,hiking,camping,drinking is on the to do list
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
lol..well lemme know..it was like 75* today, its been 60s at night, hopefully stays that way for your trip, the mountains are usually cool during nite time regardless of the day. Our house has no a/c not even window units.

45 min north will put you in Summersvile lake.. big lake,, but think about the ppl in Plant city,  Polk County Florida,,thats pretty much what youll get on a hillbilly level as far as type of ppl, but youll get some out of staters around there, dunno if they have camping/cabins there, im sure, its a big lake.

Also, if your driving anywhere near Summersville, esp with Florida tags, do not go even 1 mph over the speed limit. Im not joking nor exaggerating, they will have PoPo sitting on US19 literally 24/7 and love out of staters. lol.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol..well lemme know..it was like 75* today, its been 60s at night, hopefully stays that way for your trip, the mountains are usually cool during nite time regardless of the day. Our house has no a/c not even window units.

45 min north will put you in Summersvile lake.. big lake,, but think about the ppl in Plant city,  Polk County Florida,,thats pretty much what youll get on a hillbilly level as far as type of ppl, but youll get some out of staters around there, dunno if they have camping/cabins there, im sure, its a big lake.

Also, if your driving anywhere near Summersville, esp with Florida tags, do not go even 1 mph over the speed limit. Im not joking nor exaggerating, they will have PoPo sitting on US19 literally 24/7 and love out of staters. lol.
View Quote
Ill be hitting summersville i think. As he just put an offer on a house and said he'd take me by it to check it out . Of course he wants to sell me his place lol . Thanks for the heads up on PD.
I actually joked about getting lost to his place..and he said dont worry you flatlander hillbilly these are your people dunno how to take that lol .
I figure it couldnt be any worse than where im at here in the Ocala forest lol.
Yeah seen weather was 78-80 and 60..    itll be like winter time if we head higher up lmao.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]
If you still look the same, youll be fine. lol. Its the clean cut yuppies they like to eat.

Shouldnt be too hard to find, pretty straight forward drive, 95 to 26 to 77 and then pop on to US19 and then the fun begins, youll hit 60 east and then 41 north, those will be tight 2 lane back woods roads. lol.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you still look the same, youll be fine. lol. Its the clean cut yuppies they like to eat.

Shouldnt be too hard to find, pretty straight forward drive, 95 to 26 to 77 and then pop on to US19 and then the fun begins, youll hit 60 east and then 41 north, those will be tight 2 lane back woods roads. lol.
View Quote
Yeah... i look the same. Just smaller..uglier and more grey hairs lol.. Think thats why my brother gave me shit about getting lost lol.

Yeah thats about the route we are taking.
Ive been there before..but it was 6 years or more.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn Protus............a woods rat like you doesn't have a fla.ccw...............good god.........next you'll say you arn't an NRA member.

Anyway, enjoy my old home state.............probably, just probably you'll find it a bit more pleasant than the Ocala.............yellow flies like to have carried me off last week..............if you get the chance head north to dolly sods........close to durbin.............you'll love it!!

Don't worry 'bout your guns in a free state.......but get your license here!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn Protus............a woods rat like you doesn't have a fla.ccw...............good god.........next you'll say you arn't an NRA member.

Anyway, enjoy my old home state.............probably, just probably you'll find it a bit more pleasant than the Ocala.............yellow flies like to have carried me off last week..............if you get the chance head north to dolly sods........close to durbin.............you'll love it!!

Don't worry 'bout your guns in a free state.......but get your license here!!!
View Quote
Just been lazy about it.
Plus..id have to tell the wife im dropping $$$ for a good holster, several mags, least 1k of ammo to break it in..and then 600$ for a new sidearm...

But i actually think our process is bullshit.
If your not a felon, pass your backgroud for purchase and valid drivers license,  you shouldnt need a permit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
We can get a CCW permit here, its useful for traveling to other states. But without it, we can CCW and OC.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We can get a CCW permit here, its useful for traveling to other states and for bypassing NICS when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. But without it, we can CCW and OC.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Just one little note: you can't carry an uncased long gun and a bow at the same time. It's some kind of DNR regulation and the fish cops will gig you for it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Busted my cherry at cranberry..hiked in a few miles .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nice Brook.

Should be some bigger ones in there though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Busted my cherry at cranberry..hiked in a few miles .
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/20180731_132227-625320.JPG
Nice Brook.

Should be some bigger ones in there though.
Thanks.
Made it better as i built that rod. Its a 6'6 2/3wt.
Piss poor pics of the others. And my brother.
Cranberry is an awesome place.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Tried fishing babcock today..
Thats some rocky shit...
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah I knew you was up there..reason I posted figured you'd see it.
Brothers talking going 45 minutes north to go higher up maybe or to what they call "the lake".
But in reality it's all up in the air, I'm just looking forward to getting out of this sweat box for several days.
Either way..fishing,hiking,camping,drinking is on the to do list
View Quote
If you do happen to get up to the Mon; Durbin to Dolly Sods to Spruce Knob is my neck of the woods, give me a heads up and stop by for a beer! I've been trying to get Die-Tryin up this way for years without luck and he is within an hour of me, so no worries if you can't.

Looks like you are doing some nice fishing on the Cranberry. This is a good time of the year to be out hitting natives as the crowds on the rivers aren't as bad as stocking season.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#27]
LoL...No love for Poca county.....we have a few over here.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Did  family junk in the mon.
Tried to fish tea creek..but it was up high cause of rain.
But snuck away to hit hill creek ..took a bit to find a way down. But did.
Attachment Attached File

And got my 1st native.
Seems a green bead head flashy wollybugger is the way to go.
Gonna go up to dogway to try it...if not cranberry again.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. Water got high..
Brother got the idea to do an "epic" trip..
I said whatever you want..your the local.
So..we get his mnt bikes and i  rent one from 4 seasons in richwood. Cool guys there.stopped in 3 times this week.
So....bro parks our ass at summit lake. At the cranberry entrance gate.
Then we coast dowhill for 1.5 hours...to dogway fork. Which was blown out. We fish cranberry..get two hook ups and get tossed flies.
And the rains came.
After few hours we start to head back...
Up fucking hill.
The roads were muck and rock. So 2 hours of pushing a bike, a 15lb daypack..and wearing chacos...my feet are mangled..my knees hurt...znd fuck getting old.
Good thing is i think my bpm was 150+ for 1.5 hours..so i aint that old yet
So over all..its a great area..loved it.
Water level sucked..weather sucked.
Itll take weeks yo get WV outta my toe nails..lol.

Hiked cranberry glades with the kids..great area...

We head back to hot and humid tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You say the low water bridge at dogway is washed out?  Figure it got blown out a couple years in the epic flood that tore Williams river up.  Will have to make a note of that as well.

Waldo and I had a trip planned down in there a couple years ago, and we got washed out before we started...
View Quote
No sorry. River was due to rain. We ran into a conservation officer and he was shocked at how high dogway was.
The bridge at dogway/cranberry was about 8-12 inches under. But still solid.
The other two going up dogway were g2g.
Road is all muck , baseball sized rock chunks. They must be grading it..it sucked ass going up hill to summit lake.
Im still trying to figure out the distance.
Were already talking of biking in or hiking in for a multiday trip.

Even with the river raging..we still got hits and losses.

Dogway claimed my damn wollybugger thats caught all my fish all week
Damn you dogway lol
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fixed.
View Quote
Very few FFLs will accept it to bypass nics. They just go ahead and run the check
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your dealing with the wrong FFL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very few FFLs will accept it to bypass nics. They just go ahead and run the check
Your dealing with the wrong FFL
Ayup.  We've always accepted it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

DT is over a hour from you for sure, maybe about 2!  I'm about the only one within a hour of you, hell, I go by your place a few times a year  I go by on rt.33 almost weekly here anymore
View Quote
I realized that this weekend when I went down to Cranberry Glades and it took me almost 2 hours, I was thinking he lived closer to Greenbank.

You need to stop by sometime also. IM me for my phone number if you don't already have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top