Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2023 4:20:18 PM EDT
I'm a cord cutter. I don't have netflix, but I watch alot of shows on the computer. Last week this one came on my radar of new series coming out. It's got seven episodes. I said what the shit, I'll give it a watch. I was entertained enough to watch the whole series. As the title suggests, it's got an over the top "Florida Man" theme like you see in news stories. I think it's worth checking out. I can't remember a recent series that had no gay characters. Not a one to be seen here.

Watch it, or don't.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Was considering it, I’ll probably give it a go now…
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Its not super fantastic but its pretty decent and some of the florida stereotype jokes give a bit of a chuckle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a hard time wanting to watch considering they cast a venuezuelan as “florida man”.
If it was “Miami man” maybe that would make sense, but not florida man lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched ep1 so far.  Not horrible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a hard time wanting to watch considering they cast a venuezuelan as “florida man”.
View Quote

This^

The main character is miscast.

I just can’t get past the dudes accent.

I grew up in Florida. YOU DIDNT! Just grates every time he opens his mouth and they flash back to his childhood.

Wants to be Elmore Leonard, but falls short.

Ho-hum, NEXT!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Total fail that the main character isn't a longhaired sunburnt redneck with a greasy mullet
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Watched it to the end with the wife. Disappointing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in New Smyrna Beach and they used some local spots in the show. That's the only reason I gave it a shot. Barely made it through the first episode. FloridaMan on Instagram is definitely more entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It is horrible and it even can't protray the Hispanic FloridaMan population. We have plenty of Venezuelans in Florida. But the show is just horribly written.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

more hispanics in Osceola County than rednecks.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

more hispanics in Osceola County than rednecks.  
View Quote

yea but they've moved errr infiltrated there over the last 20 years.   Like the Jesus lizard of south FL.  Not native.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Not great not terrible.  
Very strong Fargo vibes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top