Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2021 3:27:05 PM EDT
We need this. The Southernmost Challenge.

I need to plan this out and present it to the powers that be.

I'm looking for a large piece of property we can hold the event on.

I've contacted Tradecraft and they said it's not something they are interested in hosting.

I've also contacted JTAC and Homestead. I have not heard back from them yet.

Do any of you know anyone who might be interested in hosting the event?

Do you have property that would be suitable for this?

Let me know!  Please and thank you!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a range list pinned on the hometown page. I don't have any inside info, but you could start there. Many ranges are probably want you to adhere to stricter rulz than a typical "Cola" event.

That being said, I recently attended a company "meeting" at the OK Corral range in Okeechobee for some skeet shooting and it is a very nice location. There is another range right next door that I have attended a handgun class a few years ago that was pretty nice too.

Okeechobee is somewhat easily accessible to SE, SW and central Florida.

That would be my .02.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a range list pinned on the hometown page. I don't have any inside info, but you could start there. Many ranges are probably want you to adhere to stricter rulz than a typical "Cola" event.

That being said, I recently attended a company "meeting" at the OK Corral range in Okeechobee for some skeet shooting and it is a very nice location. There is another range right next door that I have attended a handgun class a few years ago that was pretty nice too.

Okeechobee is somewhat easily accessible to SE, SW and central Florida.

That would be my .02.  
View Quote

I'll check out OK Corral. I tried the bigger tacticalish ranges. All of them "Have enough competitions" right now....
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I might just have to cancel my TC membership that I spent $125 a month on for the last year all while only going there two maybe three times now. They turned down a Cola Warrior?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
What about louland gun club? Lou is the sole proprietor. Could give him a call.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Reach out to Hernando sportsmans club. It's a big campus and they love action shooting sports.
I think they are mostly closed during the week, so a weekday event should be possible.
Pm me if you want some contacts/introduction help.

Eta: if you get something set up, I'll go where ever to participate!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reach out to Hernando sportsmans club. It's a big campus and they love action shooting sports.
I think they are mostly closed during the week, so a weekday event should be possible.
Pm me if you want some contacts/introduction help.

Eta: if you get something set up, I'll go where ever to participate!
View Quote

Plenty of lodging in Spring Hill and Homosassa/Crystal River for an event of that size, too.

HSC or maybe Outpost Range in Lecanto would be my guesses for this area.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
South of Orlando might be slim pickings, but whatever you do I hope it's January-April only!
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I really hope you're able to find some land and get this off the ground. Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top