Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2022 1:11:35 PM EDT
Address is 3320 W. Palmetto Street in a former bank building.

Anyone been yet? They are a Class III dealer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be down there early next month will put it on my calendar to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If they're using all 4 drivethru lanes in that building for Class III pick ups, I am so there.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I went about two weeks ago.

They have guns in some of the offices.  and some out in the lobby area. Not a huge selection just yet. A bunch are for display only.

They are getting a suppressor kiosk.

had a pvs-7 as well
They had some thermal, and a handful of scopes.  Some fancy handguns, some surplus. some modern.  

Prices were fair average to pretty high.  

They did offer to get something in if they did not have it.

They had two Christensen Arms rifles.

they had some pmc .223 for $9.99 a box lukewarm but better than the other stores I been too.  Can only find tula at that price.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they're using all 4 drivethru lanes in that building for Class III pick ups, I am so there.  
View Quote

I think we are a long way off from where you can pull up to the drive-thru, put your $ in the pneumatic canister and in return the canister comes back with a can inside. Hope springs eternal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
On the subject of Florence, what's going on over at Doc's? Haven't been there since 2014 and they've moved a few doors down Irby St. since the last time I was there.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On the subject of Florence, what's going on over at Doc's? Haven't been there since 2014 and they've moved a few doors down Irby St. since the last time I was there.

View Quote

they are ok.  decent selection, but a little light on long guns.  ammo a little pricey.

lots of accessories, cans and scopes, though the later up on the shelf and you have to ask to see what they have unless you have eagle vision.

they won't do the e-file though.  

they do layaway on some items. think its 50% down.  and 60 days.

Schioefields has a nice shadow systems for 899 though, sexy gun though.  

Darlington Gunworks,(i hope I got the store right, I get them confused with the other close store on 52 bypass and the one on 151 not been in either they usually closed by the time I'm off work) Master gunsmith just passed away , and I think either his wife or another employee in the past week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun store directly across the street from the Darlington Raceway is Southland Gun Works. Haven't been in there in about eight years as back then their prices were silly high.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The gun store directly across the street from the Darlington Raceway is Southland Gun Works. Haven't been in there in about eight years as back then their prices were silly high.
View Quote

Southland did keep a good selection of bullets, powder and primers, anyone know about the primer situation there?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Likely as out of stock (and if they have them, hilariously overpriced) as anyone else.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Southland did keep a good selection of bullets, powder and primers, anyone know about the primer situation there?
View Quote

Ill try taking a look. I drive past every work day. not sure their hours.  unless its always a ghost town. but sometimes the gates are locked.  

I did hear they were high, partly why I never looked.

Tytt is close to me, heard they have decent gun selection, as well as mobile parts.

academy stopped carrying all of that stuff other than a little black powder stuff and limited at that, so did schoefields.   they just have some shotgun shells left and maybe some wads.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasn't aware that the Academy Sports in Florence ever sold any reloading stuff but I've only been there twice. The first visit was on their grand opening day in 2014. The second time was about three years ago.

At one time Schofield's had a lot of reloading equipment. I purchased some Hornady stuff at pretty decent prices but their prices on primers and what little powder they had was neckbeard silly as was ammo (Win .380 FMJ for $43/50) but again that was in 2014.  At one time they were selling RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading kits for a very good clearance price. No doubt they're out of the reloading biz.

As for the new gun shop it sounds to me like it's probably not worth the trip to Florence just to go to that one vendor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to go there for spent brass, lead shot, wads and powder. Was in there about a month ago. They have some powders at the current going price. The primer situation sucks. I've never bought a gun from them because the prices were silly, even for used stuff...and the used stuff reminds me of what you'd find in a shitty pawn shop.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wasn't aware that the Academy Sports in Florence ever sold any reloading stuff but I've only been there twice. The first visit was on their grand opening day in 2014. The second time was about three years ago.

At one time Schofield's had a lot of reloading equipment. I purchased some Hornady stuff at pretty decent prices but their prices on primers and what little powder they had was neckbeard silly as was ammo (Win .380 FMJ for $43/50) but again that was in 2014.  At one time they were selling RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading kits for a very good clearance price. No doubt they're out of the reloading biz.

As for the new gun shop it sounds to me like it's probably not worth the trip to Florence just to go to that one vendor.
View Quote

maybe once high caliber gets all there stock, and dealer stuff setup.   all depends on the kind of things ya want. but did not see any reloading stuff there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Academy in Florence never carried reloading supplies. Schofields stopped carrying.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Academy in Florence never carried reloading supplies. Schofields stopped carrying.
View Quote

somebody at work, swore he got his primers at that Academy.  I never did see any though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#16]
My trip down there that was to be the 8th has been rescheduled to September.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top