Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2021 9:48:53 PM EDT
Sad news.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/10/01/federal-judge-rules-in-favor-of-miami-beach-officers-who-detained-armed-men-at-fishing-pier/
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to appeal?
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to appeal indeed.

So much derp in the ruling. Did she "the judge" even watch the video(if it was presented as evidence)?

Close to area for possible mass shooting or terrorist attack ???????

It is now well-settled law that the reasonable suspicion inquiry focuses on the information available to the officers at the time of the stop,” Williams wrote, also adding that, “although an individual may ultimately be engaged in conduct that is perfectly lawful ... officers may detain the individual to resolve the ambiguity".

So what the judge is saying above is, that it is fine to bust balls(clear leather, draw down on, and handcuff) for a perfectly lawful activity or act. WOW, just WOW, and more  
Not to mension(correct me if I am wrong), but reasonable suspicion of a crime
.......   if the PoPo is saying that they thought the open carriers were breaking the law, that is a bunch of .  Even if they were not sure(highly unlikely) if it was "legal", the reponce was way over the top and nothing more than intimidation, and "we'll show them" type retaliation.

She should be removed from the bench as it seems clear to me that she let her own biases influence her decision in cases before her, but we know that will not happen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My source says appeal to the 11th curcuit is upcoming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top