Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 2:09:03 AM EDT
Hey guys! I moved to Boise about a year back to fly the F-15 down at MHAFB and am looking to see if anyone has any good fishing spots around the TV area.

I live in SE Boise and usually just end up going under the 21 bridge and have caught a few rainbow, but can’t seem to find the “spot”. Also any advice on Moore’s creek where to go?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, thank you for your service!  You have a bad ass job!!!

What are you interested in catching?  The Boise river is always good for trout.  There is a hole near the Friendship bridge at BSU that holds pretty big browns.  Barber park, near the diversion damn is also a good spot but gets hit pretty hard.  Spending a day at Lucky Peak or Arrowrock drowning worms is also a good time.  Parkcenter pond also has pretty decent trout and bass fishing and supposedly there is, or used to be, a decent size sturgeon in there.  Anywhere on the Snake will net you great fishing for just about everything.

I'm sure others will be in soon to chime in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
FNG here.  Any crappie nearby?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Last year I killed it with crappie on the Air Force marina dock at CJ. It’s open to the public.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First off, thank you for your service!  You have a bad ass job!!!

What are you interested in catching?  The Boise river is always good for trout.  There is a hole near the Friendship bridge at BSU that holds pretty big browns.  Barber park, near the diversion damn is also a good spot but gets hit pretty hard.  Spending a day at Lucky Peak or Arrowrock drowning worms is also a good time.  Parkcenter pond also has pretty decent trout and bass fishing and supposedly there is, or used to be, a decent size sturgeon in there.  Anywhere on the Snake will net you great fishing for just about everything.

I'm sure others will be in soon to chime in.
View Quote

Where at lucky peak/arrow rock do you set up ?

Also I usually have been trying for rainbow. At barber park do you wade upstream to get close to the diversion dam?

Do you know how it is directly under the 21 bridge, I always see people fly fishing down there I was just concerned that maybe not a lot of fish are there because of the diversion dam at barber?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you fly fishing or throwing bait?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m mostly fly fishing but I’m just learning so not good at it . Growing up on Lake Erie didn’t allow for much fly fishing lol.

I throw bait on occasion as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Anderson Ranch  reservoir.

Lower fork of the Boise river that comes out of the reservoir.

Anderson Ranch Reservoir is most notably a Kokanee fishery; however, anglers can also catch Rainbow Trout, Bull Trout, Fall Chinook, Smallmouth Bass, Yellow Perch, and the occasional Mountain Whitefish. Depending on the Spring, Kokanee fishing typically starts in mid/late April.

Idaho fish and game link

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Like the poster above said; AR reservoir is good and close to mountain home. You can be there in less than 30 minutes from the main gate.

Go north of Featherville and fish where the Big Smokey dumps into the South Fork of the Boise river. It has some tackle restrictions to help keep the bait throwers away and is a good place for novice fly fishermen.

Continue fishing down stream from there until you reach the reservoir.

If you are ever feeling adventurous you can go south from mountain home to the Owyhee canyon and fish for the Banded Rainbow that is native to Idaho and hard to find these days.
Attachment Attached File

There’s a few other places not too far away. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Mores creek can be very hit or miss. Just hit any holes you can and you'll get a few. Theres some decent fish in there but not tons.  My buddy is always pulling them out of there but he has 3 holes and thats about it.

I lived up near Idaho City and fished further up that way.  Same thing I only had 1 or 2 holes worth a damn.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in a serious funk with Idaho fishing.  I've been a big water/ salt guy for decades. My biggest fish is a 600+ blue marlin and I've caught a few 200 pound stripped marlin and 100+pound yellow fin tuna.

This is my boat and I haven't even hooked it to my truck in 2 years. Just can't get excited for 12 inch fish.

Attachment Attached File

Mostly used the boat out in the pacific and up the sacramento river delta.  Near shore we target lings, salmon, halibut, strippers and sometimes albacore
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in a serious funk with Idaho fishing.  I've been a big water/ salt guy for decades. My biggest fish is a 600+ blue marlin and I've caught a few 200 pound stripped marlin and 100+pound yellow fin tuna.

This is my boat and I haven't even hooked it to my truck in 2 years. Just can't get excited for 12 inch fish.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/325385/003_JPG-1904110.JPG

Mostly used the boat out in the pacific and up the sacramento river delta.  Near shore we target lings, salmon, halibut, strippers and sometimes albacore
View Quote

Lookin to sell it ???
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mores creek can be very hit or miss. Just hit any holes you can and you'll get a few. Theres some decent fish in there but not tons.  My buddy is always pulling them out of there but he has 3 holes and thats about it.

I lived up near Idaho City and fished further up that way.  Same thing I only had 1 or 2 holes worth a damn.
View Quote

Any chance you will tell me where the holes are at? I live right on 21 so not to far of a drive up there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

@CaliContractor

Sell it and upgrade to a SxS and trailer. You live in the mountains/desert now Bro.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@CaliContractor

Sell it and upgrade to a SxS and trailer. You live in the mountains/desert now Bro.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CaliContractor

I don't know man, it has crossed my mind. I have a lot of memories wrapped up in that boat and I've owned it outright for many years. It's aluminum so it will never rot no matter how long it sits. I was going to tow it to Fortuna and use it for some spear fishing and diving but they closed abalone down until like 2025.

I'll get a SxS soon , have actually been looking pretty hard lately just not there yet. Money isn't an issue, just have lots of stuff in the fire. Going to chill out in Maui for the rest of the month.

Let's go kill some stuff when I get back if your around, sorry for the highjack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top