Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2024 11:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcw107]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you staying in galveston? There's better places to fish if you dont mind driving.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I fished East Bay for many years. The trout fishing is great at times. I can't tell you any current guides but I can ask around.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is a fishing license required for charters like this?

mm
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mm38:
Is a fishing license required for charters like this?

mm
View Quote
Yep.

You can buy a day pass. What most out of town folks do.

I dunno what East Bay is like anymore. They shut off Rollover Pass a few years back.  So the salinity is only being added and removed via the natural inlets now. Could be good or could be bad. Probably helped the duck hunting a lot.

Regardless I'd keep an eye on the weather. We've been getting a ton of rain and it's been windy as hell lately and usually is this time of year. Neither of which is good for fishing on the coast.

The water was muddy as hell last time I was down at High Island and Galveston Bay wasn't much better. No idea on the salinity. I'm on the upper coast close to Louisiana. Didn't venture much further south than Easy Bay when I was still fishing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

I'd like to know as well.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
Yep.

You can buy a day pass. What most out of town folks do.

I dunno what East Bay is like anymore. They shut off Rollover Pass a few years back.  So the salinity is only being added and removed via the natural inlets now. Could be good or could be bad. Probably helped the duck hunting a lot.

Regardless I'd keep an eye on the weather. We've been getting a ton of rain and it's been windy as hell lately and usually is this time of year. Neither of which is good for fishing on the coast.

The water was muddy as hell last time I was down at High Island and Galveston Bay wasn't much better. No idea on the salinity. I'm on the upper coast close to Louisiana. Didn't venture much further south than Easy Bay when I was still fishing.
View Quote

I still don't know why the closed up rollover pass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

I still don't know why the closed up rollover pass.
View Quote
The experts said it was causing the rapid erosion. I dunno whether it was or not. No doubt the upper Texas coast has some insane erosion. I guess we will see if it slows down and rebuilds the beach heads.

Not sure if you've been on 124 to 87 in a while. But that turn onto 87, the water is at the road. They had to put in a rock wall and Jersey barriers. If it's choppy on a high tide you get splash onto the highway.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#11]
@ManiacRat & @Buckshoit_Jim,

Thanks for the quick replies.  After I read your replies, I checked the TPWD licensing site.  I know the fees for the licenses has gone up a lot in the last decade, but they seem pretty reasonable to me.  I never imagined there was such a large variety of license types.

mm
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#12]
There is a lot of them. Most of it is useless for most folks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I get a super combo every year plus all of the stamps, but this is what I do for fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top