Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2023 7:02:01 PM EDT
https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/new-mexico-house-passes-bennie-hargrove-act/

What is interesting is it passed 32-37.

Last I saw the house was 25 R and 45 D.  This was touted as a very “common sense” law.  Does that mean any real gun control bill will encounter more resistance?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My God, we can only hope!
If 7 democrats voted against it, there may be a little hope that the other bill's flop.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
What a fucking dumbass bill.

And just how in the fuck are they going to enforce this? Oh, that’s right, they’re not going to because the point of the bill is to pile on charges after a crime has already occurred. What a complete waste of time & energy.

Prove the gun wasn’t locked up or stored safely. How can they know? A child’s testimony? Pre-cog’s? They opening up the precrime division now?

I truly loathe these assholes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe, we can only hope. This bill was amended is my understanding. I followed it for days and they were waiting for the House members that were "excused" to be available for the votes. It was tight, we shall see in the Senate. Here is hoping it dies in committee in the Senate.

Edited: The amended version is available for you to read now.  I really only changes some verbiage, the penalties and jist are still the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top