Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 9:41:55 PM EDT
Are there any ranges around the Detroit Metro area where you can draw and fire from your holster and do not have the 1 round per 1 second rule? The majority of the ranges I’ve found do not allow drawing from the holster or firing more than 1 round per second.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
T-Rex Arms in Belleville will allow you to draw from a holster after you pass their Defensive Pistol Certification Course. I'm not certain of any other ranges, but I'd be surprised if any range will let you walk in and holster draw without doing some sort of certification with a range officer. Hopefully others will have more places to add.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Peter's on Gratiot in Roseville.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Last time I was at Firing Line in Westland they had some posters up advertising just that thing, on Wednesday evenings. It's supervised range time so you pay an additional fee, I forget exactly how much but it didn't seem out of line with what I'd expect from a commercial indoor range.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Where will you be when you’re here? We can narrow it down a bit then. I know of many who are cool with drawing and shooting faster.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in the Berkley/Royal Oak area. I’m flexible on the location. I’m used to having outdoor ranges to shoot at that suit my needs but am not sure what’s available around here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Township allows both.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m in the Berkley/Royal Oak area. I’m flexible on the location. I’m used to having outdoor ranges to shoot at that suit my needs but am not sure what’s available around here.
View Quote

Quick, run out to your car and flash your high beams 3 times,
I can probably see you from .my house.

I cant think.of anywhere off the top of my head that will allow the general public to do it during "public range hours" primarily due to insurance issues,
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Township allows both.
View Quote

I was gonna suggest this until I saw his location,
Cqt is a bit of a drive just for using the range.
At least he doesn't have to endure the fuckery that is royal oak on resurfacing, or i75 s/b to get over to that side of town
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top