Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2019 1:07:08 PM EDT
Finishing first build soon, within the next two to three weeks. Would like to meet up with a member who lives near Bonner Springs/Edwardsville area who would not mind torquing the barrel nut and checking head space.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your parts list? Is this an AR? Do you have a bench vice?
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
***assuming AR***

Which barrel nut / forearm are you using?

If it is free float, what size wrench is called for the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Standard barrel nut. I am using the KAC M4 RIS as it is a block one clone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never head spaced an AR and have never read anything here indicating it is needed as long as you are using quality components.

All you need is a bench vice and a device to secure the upper. I use a Bev Block. Then a wrench for the barrel nut.

I am in KCMO north, by Liberty. But if you dont want to invest in the tools I could help you by providing them. As long as you have a bench vice.

It is a super simple process. There are plenty of videos online and write ups here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top