Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2021 10:20:07 AM EDT
OK
I have purchased a few new toys and need to get several print cards done.
I was complaining about the headache to a few friends and a couple mentioned that in their towns there are a couple various shops that will scan them digitally so you can just print them out.
Is there anything or anywhere like that in Metro Detroit?  
Ive had no luck with local PDs during covid and as I need several cards I know they can get annoyed by this.
I know several say print your own but I have never had luck with this, even when printed in the past it usually has taken them a few tries as I guess I have dry hands or something (they always end up covering them with lotion when I do CLEAR at the airport.
Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK
I have purchased a few new toys and need to get several print cards done.
I was complaining about the headache to a few friends and a couple mentioned that in their towns there are a couple various shops that will scan them digitally so you can just print them out.
Is there anything or anywhere like that in Metro Detroit?  
Ive had no luck with local PDs during covid and as I need several cards I know they can get annoyed by this.
I know several say print your own but I have never had luck with this, even when printed in the past it usually has taken them a few tries as I guess I have dry hands or something (they always end up covering them with lotion when I do CLEAR at the airport.
Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Besides getting arrested, maybe the places that do fingerprints for CPL applicants can do it? The county clerk should know who does the prints for the CPL also. Good Luck.

When I got my first CPL, the Senior Center that was used for fingerprints didn't had a machine, and no police department would help.

So I waited 2 months for my fingerprints to get done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Back when we got our CPL's (Washtenaw County), the main Sheriff's office (in our case Ann Arbor) did both the ink then electronic fingerprinting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m pretty sure the Macomb county sheriff does both.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it your skin or your technic that causes the issue with self printing?

Could it be the type of ink you are using?

If its technic then have you tried someone helping?

I can't help cause i do my own prints.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy can do prints. Don't know if he would charge just for that service.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/randallschwarb
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Macomb County Sheriff only did digital. I did my own from a kit from Amazon. Did a practice sheet and they came out fine. I checked everywhere to get my done, everyone is digital now. Good luck
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Fingerprints & Go, Canton MI. 734-927-7785 or 734-865-0300.  They did ink pad prints for me. Bring your own cards. Did it about 6 months ago. they are not cheap but reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Or you can go to a Silencershop kiosk.  They have a locator on their website.  You sign in via their app. Go to the kiosk and it will walk you through rolling your fingerprints.  Silencershop then will print them at $15 per set of two and mail them to you.  Not the cheapest, but all you have to do when you want more is order them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Or just purchase an ink pad on amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HA4PJ4?tag=arfcom00-20

and then order the appropriate fingerprint cards from the ATF for free...

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

and roll your own...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top