Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2023 5:12:29 PM EDT
I got a house a year ago in central Florida.  Paid it off with proceeds from another sale and slacked off about getting a new roof since i owned it outright so no insurance for a year.

Went to USAA and they said sorry we're at our quota for Florida this year.  I kinda expected it.  They referred me to a third party and I got a policy for less than $1500.  Better than I expected but I also live in bfe and my house was fairly cheap.

Much less painful than I expected.  

So yeah some of yall costal folks had me worried thinking I was gonna get hosed and it worked out ok for me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Who did you use?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Bfe?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bfe?
View Quote

Bum F**k Egypt.  Military for: the boonies, out where the busses don't run, the sticks, etc.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#4]
How old is the house?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
$1,500....??

Da freak you live in, a tent?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Early 1990s 3br 2bath.  Security first thru USAA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top