Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2021 9:20:56 PM EDT
Well the seller accepted my offer for their land.
20 acres in ne burnet county, not too far from where my family’s ranch was.

Now the fun part we close 7/15 and as soon as it closes the order for the modular home starts building. Land and house will be all paid for with no mortgage.

Now I have two questions.

First one is - what size tractor will I need for plowing and mowing?

I have to be out of my current childhood home on 9/15.

Where do I store my guns if the house is not done on time? I may have to store them for up to 2 months.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations! How much land are you plowing?
View Quote

I have not decided. At least 3 acres to start which will involve removing cedar trees.

The land is cedar and mesquite tree mix. I need to really walk the land to find a spot I like. I want to put in a food plot for deer.

To keep the ag exemption I am thinking leasing out for bee hives.

I am also planning for a very large garden.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have not decided. At least 3 acres to start which will involve removing cedar trees.

The land is cedar and mesquite tree mix. I need to really walk the land to find a spot I like. I want to put in a food plot for deer.

To keep the ag exemption I am thinking leasing out for bee hives.

I am also planning for a very large garden.
View Quote

I can't think of much downside to leasing for bee hives.  Honey bees are a good thing to have around.  If you are doing any other gardening or crops, the bees are even better.

Good luck with keeping the ag exemption, it is apparently getting harder and harder.  Hopefully people can give you more ideas on ways to keep it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
To clear ceder and mesquite, hire a company with the equipment to uproot them. You beat the shit out of a smaller tractor clearing land. I would get at least a  40+ HP tractor, all wheel drive with hydro shift and loader.

Get the tires on the tractor especially the rears water filled
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top