Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 2:50:30 PM EDT
Been trying to make contact with someone there via phone number and email on website, no response from either. Interested in a MCR Dual feed upper (MCR-060) for a project, but have heard mixed reviews.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they only have Instagram as social media and they last posted something on Jan 08.
Not looking good.
I can try to reach out to a buddy down in Florida that had some connections with them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like they only have Instagram as social media and they last posted something on Jan 08.
Not looking good.
I can try to reach out to a buddy down in Florida that had some connections with them.
View Quote

I appreciate your help
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy says he has no idea, they aren't answering him as well.
Maybe they took some time off??
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Who knows...considering everything going on and how quickly it can happen, might ought to get while the gettin' is good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The MCR dual feed upper belt fed with a Rare Breed FRT-15 trigger.....awesomesauce.  Well except for the design flaw in the FRT trigger needs fixed first or it won't run long.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the first Gen Shrikes, I was one the waiting list (with deposit paid) for about 5 years..

The Good
It works, I have, long and short barrel(for my RR lower)
Link are easy to find and I link my hand.. its not that bad (not like my 1919)
Very Light weight system
Drops on any Mill Spec lower (you will need to replace the bolt release (optional), buffer spring and add a buffer spring spacer)

The Bad
Some had stated the it is likes (or dislikes) certain ammo.  From my perspective, mine did not like the really weak 223 Ammo, PMC Bronze was not 100% reliable, but Mil Surplus works fine
requires a "break in" period"

The Ugly
My rear take down lug sheared off after about 500 rounds.  I sent the upper back for inspection.  It took about 6 months, but they replaced the entire upper free of charge.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one of the first Gen Shrikes, I was one the waiting list (with deposit paid) for about 5 years..

The Good
It works, I have, long and short barrel(for my RR lower)
Link are easy to find and I link my hand.. its not that bad (not like my 1919)
Very Light weight system
Drops on any Mill Spec lower (you will need to replace the bolt release (optional), buffer spring and add a buffer spring spacer)

The Bad
Some had stated the it is likes (or dislikes) certain ammo.  From my perspective, mine did not like the really weak 223 Ammo, PMC Bronze was not 100% reliable, but Mil Surplus works fine
requires a "break in" period"

The Ugly
My rear take down lug sheared off after about 500 rounds.  I sent the upper back for inspection.  It took about 6 months, but they replaced the entire upper free of charge.
View Quote

Thanks for the report. My understanding is they're up to Gen 6 now, but I've never held one in my hand of any of their variants. The sheared rear lug is an issue I have heard about a few times, obviously an engineering oversight as that is not exactly what I'd consider a load bearing part of the receiver.

I've been working on a couple prototypes for the last couple years and thought their upper might be a decent option for one of them, as I wouldn't think about reinventing the wheel so to speak...unless of course that wheel isn't necessarily round
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to borrow mine, just ping me... I have a full-auto carrier if you need to go BBBRRRRRRRR on a RR lower.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you want to borrow mine, just ping me... I have a full-auto carrier if you need to go BBBRRRRRRRR on a RR lower.

View Quote

That's a very generous offer!

I sent you an email
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
So those of you who have spent some time with these uppers of the generations ranging 1-6, are they what you'd consider as being worth $5k? I understand there's some adjustments to cosmetics in the works...possibly gen 7?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody hear from them? I placed an order around the first of the month and it's just stuck on processing as a status.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anybody hear from them? I placed an order around the first of the month and it's just stuck on processing as a status.
View Quote

I found one in Florida, Ruben Mendiola. Never heard shit back from Fight Lite, wouldn't respond to emails or return calls...real class act.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top