Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 6:09:22 PM EDT
I'm looking for new spots to fish that are handicap accessible & not in a complete shithole of a neighborhood.

Never been to this area. Not super far from my house (1hr +/-)  has a nice sidewalk/boardwalk from what I can see thru google pics.

Any dirt you guys on it?  Will my 76year old mom be accosted by hookers?  

Lotta space? Or is it a giant patio like Bond's Dock?  Any shade?

Both wife and mom are handicapped. Neither wheelchair bound. But both cannot walk too far.   Especially in uneven terrain or sand.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It is at the DEEP boating HQ so no worry about accosting.  It is a concrete sidewalk to a 300' or so long pier going along the edge of the river.  I was down there a month ago looking at replacing a few broken pilings and there wasn't a person on it (rainy, crappy day).

It tends to be a popular fishing spot for hispanics and the stripers are starting to come in so it might start to get more busy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. As long as I'm not dodging gunfire if we happen to stay too late.  Ive made that mistake before. Bridgeport, Stratford. Norwalk and New Haven.  It kinda sucks cause the parks themselves are pretty nice. But you have to go thru some shitty areas and god forbid you get lost.

That place sounds pretty nice.   Sit and enjoy the world. Maybe catch something.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't be concerned about having to dodge gunfire in Old Lyme.

Looks like a good spot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By echo_5:
I wouldn't be concerned about having to dodge gunfire in Old Lyme.

Looks like a good spot.
View Quote

Ive never been
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Just don’t get bit buy a tic
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about the hookers, let me ask an expert @DanTSX
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
West side of river at launching ramp under the 95 bridge there is also a dock/pier that many fish from. This is the Ct river itself and I believe the east side is partly the Ct river and partly the smaller Lieutenant river.

Don't know which has better fishing but both Lyme and Old Saybrook are both pretty upper crust with no gang bangers or other big city foolishness.

There are docks for the boat ramp proper with lots of boats landing and taking off , fishing from there will get you yelled at (rightly so) You would want the longer tee shaped dock just south and alongside the boat ramp.Shared parking for the ramp and fishing pier
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks man!  Much appreciated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top