Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2023 8:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lostman518]
We've been up here a few times now. Trying to find different stuff to do. We're lodging off 16 near the Auto Road entrance. It's supposed to rain most of the days we're here but I'm still looking for your input. We brought the mountain bikes but the wife isn't too into riding trails more difficult than a fire road. Also what's the favorite spots to grab a bite to eat?

it's just the wife, myself, our 3 y/o and our pup.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Rent a RZR in Gorham for a day, I like Delany's in Conway, Horsefeathers has some good wings, Lot's and Lot's of Hiking in the Area, from mild to wild, the Hike up to the Floor of Tuckerman's Ravine isn't to strenuous and is beautiful. Plus there is fresh spring water and a nice spot to eat lunch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My family has always loved going to Clark’s Trading Post.  The live bear shows are very entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy a This car climbed Mount Wash sticker.  You don't necessarily have to drive the hill though.

I'll second the Clark's recommendation-seems to be universally enjoyed.  Plenty of places to eat afterwards in Woodstock between Woodstock Inn, Pemi Public House, Merlands, and Twin Barns.  L_JE gave a thumbs up to Pemi Public House during his last ice climbing thread.  I've never been

All my spots to eat are on the other side of the state in Littleton/Lancaster and down in Holderness so I'm no help there.  

Littleton, I like Schillings pizza(owned by someone who was running as a R congressman).  Freehouse is also good.  For gas station pizza next to the trailer park, Simon's Market is good and is owned by an R state rep.  The Inkwell is a good breakfast spot and is owned by conservatives.

Lancaster, I love Copper Pig's beer although some people on reddit have run into some flat beer.  Good lunch spot IMO.  Their menu may seem kind of bland, but check their FB page for specials which are widely varied.

If you decide to hit the Lakes Region, rent a boat on Squam Lake.  Go to Walter's Basin for food.  Golden Pond Country Store for gas station pizza and some of the cheapest gas in the state.

Avoid the hippies if coming in early July.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:
Buy a This car climbed Mount Wash sticker.  You don't necessarily have to drive the hill though.

I'll second the Clark's recommendation-seems to be universally enjoyed.  Plenty of places to eat afterwards in Woodstock between Woodstock Inn, Pemi Public House, Merlands, and Twin Barns.  L_JE gave a thumbs up to Pemi Public House during his last ice climbing thread.  I've never been

All my spots to eat are on the other side of the state in Littleton/Lancaster and down in Holderness so I'm no help there.  

Littleton, I like Schillings pizza(owned by someone who was running as a R congressman).  Freehouse is also good.  For gas station pizza next to the trailer park, Simon's Market is good and is owned by an R state rep.  The Inkwell is a good breakfast spot and is owned by conservatives.

Lancaster, I love Copper Pig's beer although some people on reddit have run into some flat beer.  Good lunch spot IMO.  Their menu may seem kind of bland, but check their FB page for specials which are widely varied.

If you decide to hit the Lakes Region, rent a boat on Squam Lake.  Go to Walter's Basin for food.  Golden Pond Country Store for gas station pizza and some of the cheapest gas in the state.

View Quote

Scorpios in lancaster is excellent
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
Originally Posted By FDC:

Good to hear.

I've heard mixed opinions, but I haven't been.  Honestly, I think most of their downvotes are due to it being cash only.

I have been told to grab a pizza from them though and probably will starting in August when I'm officially living near there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:38:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#6]
Nevermind, looks like you've already come and gone lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top