Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2022 7:23:10 PM EDT
https://www.wave3.com/2022/03/19/nelson-co-family-files-650m-lawsuit-forced-quarantine-after-alleged-fake-covid-result/

From Article:
ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (WAVE) - A Nelson County family filed a federal lawsuit against the state and local governments, among others for $650 million after they claim a hospital falsified COVID-19 test results and forced them to quarantine by placing armed deputies around their home in March 2020.

According to the lawsuit, Michael Hager is a first responder who has COPD and emphysema. On March 10, 2020, Hager had to be hospitalized after his oxygen levels dropped.

Two days later, as Hager was being discharged, the lawsuit said his doctors told him he tested positive for COVID-19.

According to the Hagers’ attorney, Michael Hamilton, Hager’s wife asked to speak to the doctor who diagnosed him with COVID-19. The hospital staff said an administrator diagnosed Hager, and they weren’t available to speak.

Because of this, Hager’s wife checked him out of the hospital, the lawsuit says.

A day later, the couple received a phone call around midnight from a person who claimed to be with the Lincoln Trail District Health Department and was asking for their personal information, according to the lawsuit.

The following day, a woman in “personal protective equipment, including a mask” pulled up to the Hagers’ home in an unmarked vehicle and told the family she was there to make sure everyone stayed inside the house, the lawsuit reads.

The woman refused to present any identification, according to the lawsuit, so the family did not invite her inside.

A few hours later, the woman returned in a marked vehicle reading “Lincoln Trail Health Department,” with the Nelson County Sheriff, Ramon Pineiroa, and a deputy, Hamilton said.

Pineiroa presented the family with an Ex Parte Order for Protective Services, granting the health department “immediate emergency guardianship” of Hager, according to the lawsuit, claiming the man was “in a state of abuse and neglect.”

The family of six was ordered to stay inside, and armed Nelson County deputies were placed outside the Hager’s home for 11 days, Hamilton said.

“These folks had to stay in their house,” Hamilton said. “Nobody was allowed to come around; they weren’t allowed to see people from their church who wanted to bring them food for a time.”

The family claims during that time, Hager’s father who was critically ill and their special needs child were deprived of medication and medical supplies. In addition, the Hager’s said they were stripped of support from their friends and family, and were “harassed every 12 hours to provide information about their health,” according to the lawsuit.

On March 14, 2020 during a COVID-19 press briefing, Gov. Andy Beshear told reporters a Nelson County man was “refusing self-isolation,” and the the health department and state have “taken the steps to force a self-isolation.”

After this, Hamilton told WAVE News the family was harassed by the public and received death threats; the Hagers had to sell their home and move out of Nelson County for their own safety.

“An example was clearly being made of them, but there was no example to be made,” Hamilton said. “(Hager) wasn’t sick (and) he didn’t get tested. It seems they arbitrability picked him and his family to make this huge public example so that everyone would be afraid not to comply.”

Hager and his family are suing the Nelson County Sheriff, the county judge executive and attorney, the Lincoln Trail District Health Department, Gov. Andy Beshear, and UofL Hospital for $650 million to cover both damages and “punish the wrongdoers,” Hamilton said.

Complaint
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw this on national news site.

On surface looks like they got blindly picked to ensure compliance.
If true they gonna get paid biggly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when this was happening and I kept thinking how fucked up it was that they were using LEO to enforce this bullshit.

This should be a pretty easy one to settle.  Determining the amount of money to pay is the hard part.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope all that did this family wrong are held personally accountable in civil court, and not just come out of the tax payers pockets...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
This makes my blood boil.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed...
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anybody heard any updates to this?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

...nothing.  It's as if the case is "pending" and the attorneys no longer exist.  Maybe our friend across the mountain @LawyerUp can look in PACER.  

Case # here

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/kentucky/kywdce/3:2022cv00139/124958
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This makes my blood boil.  
View Quote

The reasoning by some of the people in GD would really piss you off.  More than a dozen members were hoping the sheriff's office would shoot them on sight should they open the door and try to leave.  Some here were so scared they were calling for the executions of anyone with covid who went outside.

I hope the family sues and wins lawsuits against the hospital, the health department, the sheriff's office, and the Governor's office.  Beshear made statements supporting the armed locked down multiple times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The reason by some of the people in GD would really piss you off.  More than a dozen members were hoping the sheriff's office would shoot them on sight should they open the door and try to leave.  Some here were so scared they were calling for the executions of anyone with covid who went outside.

I hope the family sues and wins lawsuits against the hospital, the health department, the sheriff's office, and the Governor's office.  Beshear made statements supporting the armed locked down multiple times.
View Quote

They have sued and should win.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got access to the new Bing Chat AI and it is proving itself to be useful.  Here is the update it gave me, complete with case number.

According to the web search results, Michael Hager and Angela Meredith filed a lawsuit against the governor, local health department, sheriff, county judge executive and attorney, and UofL Hospital for $650 million for their alleged forced quarantine after a false positive covid test. The lawsuit was filed on March 18, 2022 in U.S. District Court's Western District of Kentucky1. The lawsuit claims that they were unlawfully imprisoned by law enforcement, acting on behalf of local health department officials, in March 2020 when they were forced to quarantine following Hager's diagnosis of COVID-19 by the University of Louisville Hospital. The lawsuit also alleges that Hager never had COVID-19 and that his test result was falsified by the hospital2. The lawsuit seeks damages for emotional distress, loss of income, defamation, invasion of privacy, and violation of constitutional rights.

Here is a link to the docket information  https://dockets.justia.com/docket/kentucky/kywdce/3:2022cv00139/124958  Does anyone have a PACER account and can look it up?

Hager et al v. Beshear et al
Case Number:3:2022cv00139
Filed:March 9, 2022
Court:US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they get every single penny...
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope they win bigly but if they do it's our tax dollars used and not personal money from the shitty people who did this highly illegal act
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Whatever tax money they win is not important right now. A win would mean the state and local governments would not try that again.
After they win, every single person involved in the suit needs to resign or be fired. They need to be held personally responsible for monetary damages. They need arrested and tried for violating their civil rights under color of law.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Here is a link to the docket information  https://dockets.justia.com/docket/kentucky/kywdce/3:2022cv00139/124958  Does anyone have a PACER account and can look it up?

Hager et al v. Beshear et al
Case Number:3:2022cv00139
Filed:March 9, 2022
Court:US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky

View Quote

@LawyerUp
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The go to guy in KY, or OH, is my buddy Chris Wiest. Just posted a youtube discussion w/ him about 7 minutes ago actually. His website link is in the description:

https://youtu.be/znKGo4LrRYY
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The go to guy in KY, or OH, is my buddy Chris Wiest. Just posted a youtube discussion w/ him about 7 minutes ago actually. His website link is in the description:

https://youtu.be/znKGo4LrRYY
View Quote

@LawyerUp - saw that on wastebook yesterday. Always love when you have Chris on the interviews. I thought maybe you could give us an update from PACER.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top