Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2021 6:07:23 AM EDT
Is the sheriff in fairfield County firearm friendly for a form 1 sbr, sbs or suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is the sheriff in fairfield County firearm friendly for a form 1 sbr, sbs or suppressor?
View Quote

CLEO signature on the Form 1 are no longer required and haven't been for at least four years.  The CLEO signature requirement changed to a CLEO notification.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know that and appreciate the info
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, just a duty to inform now.  Only thing needed on the form is the name, title, and address of the CLEO.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
And to add to that, if you don't know the 2A status of the local guy, send them to a state level CLEO (higher likely hood they get tossed)
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think that the CLEO notification requirement is even to your local agency anymore.   I know that Silencer Shop sends all notifications to AG Yost's office.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think that the CLEO notification requirement is even to your local agency anymore.   I know that Silencer Shop sends all notifications to AG Yost's office.
View Quote

Can go to any qualified CLEO, local or state level doesn't matter.

Personally my local CLEO is a good guy, always signed before the change, so I just walk them over there to save the postage.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't hold your breath. These guys will apparently have a fucking stroke if you OC a handgun on a hot chamber. Source: caused them to have a stroke.

As for signatures, those aren't required anymore. Just notify, preferably in writing via certified mail.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been almost 10 years since I really looked into a sbr so didn't know the laws changed and I do appreciate the help
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to send it to the chief of police of the city I lived in.  Ran into him one day and he said stop sending him that sh!t.  All he does is toss it.
I now send it to the county sheriff and ran into him recently and he told me to stop sending it certified, just toss a stamp on it or just text him a picture of it (he was the chief of police of the city next door to where I work and before that, I had a few college classes with him)

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to send it to the chief of police of the city I lived in.  Ran into him one day and he said stop sending him that sh!t.  All he does is toss it.

View Quote

If that's the case I'd continue to send them to him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish.  He retired a few months ago.  But I've known the new county sheriff for almost 25 years so that's a non issue there too.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top