Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2020 5:44:07 PM EDT
John Murphy from FPF training will be in Utah on June 13 -14. The class will be held at the Wastach Wing and Clay in Utah County. Please inform anyone you know living in the area who might be interested.

FPF Training's Street Encounter Skills and Tactics

This will be a two days 20-hour course designed to inform and instruct lawfully armed citizens in their defensive decisions and equip them with realistic skills that enable an effective and lawful approach to personal security concerns.  Employing a highly dynamic combination of lecture, demonstration, and practical application, the course goes past the concentration on shooting skills that most concealed carry classes focus on and provides a combination of “hard” and “soft” skills and strategies “Beyond the Gun” that opens minds and options for armed citizens.  The class consists of four hours of video “view ahead”, four hours of lecture and practical application on Saturday from 0800-1200, and six hours of intensive pistol skills.  Sunday is 100% range time incorporating those lessons in a challenging and PRACTICAL live fire environment.  Your mind will be educated on how to use your mouth, your feet and situationally appropriate levels of force.   Cost is $425, with 800 rounds required for the class.

Specific course content and methodology relies heavily on incorporating the science of “Recognition Primed Decisions”, deriving lessons from security videos of actual events and honing the skills most needed by ordinary people that find themselves in extraordinary circumstances.
Topics Include:  
-Developing the defensive mindset and decision-making process
-Tactics and techniques to support the  Awareness, Avoidance, De-Escalation, Evasion paradigm
-Conflict Communications
-Pre-Incident criminal behavior, Managing Unknown Contacts (Credit to Craig Douglas)
-Employing pepper spray
-Stopping bleeding with pressure dressing and tourniquets
- Shooting in 3D: Pistol ballistics and human anatomy
-Shooting drills and skills derived from incidents involving armed citizens
-Decisive Movement

-Every student will be supplied with two pepper spray trainers and one live agent dispenser
-Much more that you won’t see in other classes!

Requirements: 800 rounds of ball ammunition (factory is preferred), the pistol you carry, a QUALITY holster (No SERPA type or floppy nylon!) 4 magazines, eye and ear protection, weather appropriate clothing, sunscreen, bug repellent, notepad and pen…the usual stuff you need on the range.
Student must have had prior formal training in safety, marksmanship and presenting the pistol from concealment.  All shooting will be conducted from concealment!  

Registration
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The post is back up. Thanks mods taking care of this matter!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a HUGE round count.

Wasatch W&C is literally a stones throw from me. I hear shotguns all day long
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a HUGE round count.

Wasatch W&C is literally a stones throw from me. I hear shotguns all day long
View Quote
That's the typical round count in classes taught by well kown professionals such as Tom Givens with Rangemasters, John Farnam and Craig Douglas from Shivworks. Note that it is pistol, not shotguns or rifles so the sound won't be as loud as long guns.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's the typical round count in classes taught by well kown professionals such as Tom Givens with Rangemasters, John Farnam and Craig Douglas from Shivworks. Note that it is pistol, not shotguns or rifles so the sound won't be as loud as long guns.
View Quote
I’m doing 700 pistol 700 rifle over a two day Kagwerks  class soon so i guess you’re right
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I just wrapped up a class in Florida.  600 rounds should be sufficient.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
@aimmaster I'd like to post this to Utah Firearms and get some people looking at it. Do you have a flyer or infographic I can use?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@aimmaster I'd like to post this to Utah Firearms and get some people looking at it. Do you have a flyer or infographic I can use?
View Quote
Yes, I have the PDF flyer. Can you send me your email so I can email it to you?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, I have the PDF flyer. Can you send me your email so I can email it to you?
View Quote
DM sent
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Now I wonder how the current event will affect future gun classes this year. I feel this will be a long road of abnormal lifestyle for everyone. Whether this virus was engineered for an agenda or not, it is already in play.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
This class has been canceled for this year.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top